Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Probably a dumb question to ask you. But is your seat set at the right height for you?.

Sounds like the bike is making you do leg presses. It might be just muscle fatigue?.

that probably explains as muscle fatigue. so thanks for that.
i have noticed that once standing up for a bit it goes away or it really is bike depending =P

other then that, any tips on how to limit muscle fatigue and aerobic capacity?
i have been reading a bigger aerobic capacity will help limiting the onset of it.
and again looking about, items including glucose and sodium can help. so would that mean having a few glucose lollies or similar might help?

i should state.
i am hopefully going to be able to build up the capacity and ability to get into Enduro Bike riding.
which is basically 6hrs straight of up and across and down hills

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
that probably explains as muscle fatigue. so thanks for that.
i have noticed that once standing up for a bit it goes away or it really is bike depending =P

other then that, any tips on how to limit muscle fatigue and aerobic capacity?
i have been reading a bigger aerobic capacity will help limiting the onset of it.
and again looking about, items including glucose and sodium can help. so would that mean having a few glucose lollies or similar might help?

i should state.
i am hopefully going to be able to build up the capacity and ability to get into Enduro Bike riding.
which is basically 6hrs straight of up and across and down hills
If your going close to flat out your probably doing more anaerobic than aerobic. Some help could be doing some leg exercises in a gym or at home to strengthen up your quads and hamstrings but in a more endurance strength way. Like today i did 3 sets of leg presses on a incline with 150kg. 20 reps each at a good slow steady controlled speed. That is more towards endurance and strength for me. I think this could help some.

Yes that's right more aerobic exercise does reduce lactic build up. To train in the aerobic zone, minus your age from 220 heart rate. and 70% of that figure is your heart rate zone.

For-sure carbs before riding will help. I designed a program for a 10k runner. And even provided food pre event. You want higher GI type foods as low GI foods sitting in the stomach could give you bad pains, and might even lead to the trots. Lower protein and lower fibre foods.

I'll do a little example.

3-4 Hours.
100g Pasta. Half can of Tomatoes. 50g Spinach. 50g Lean Beef Mince.

1-2 Hours.
600ml Fruit Smoothie.

Less Than an Hour.

Sport drinks – PowerAde etc.

During riding.

jelly babies jelly beans. 2 Small boxes of sultanas. 2 large bananas. 600ml cola. The old jam sandwich!, 1 litre of sport drink. all of these are about 60g of carbs.

If you build up to that goal of 6 hour enduro bike riding seriously grab some one on one time with a sports dietitian. I know a great girl who spent years with stkilda and the victory and she is a real nerd when it comes to this stuff. She could help plan your weeks lead ups during and after comps.

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
Update: after bulking to 92kg I've been cutting for 13 weeks so far and I've lost near 10kg . Obviously a lot more fat on me than what I thought . All measurements are the same apart from an increase on leg size and losing 6cm round my waist . Starting to see some definition in my mid section which was my main aim for cutting .

Going on holidays in 2 weeks so that will complete my 15 week cut il detox for two weeks then go on a 4 week bulk and then cut again for summer . See how I go =) still super motivated .

Seeing results in the mirror is the best motivation for me

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
this moved me, i just want to meet this guy and shake his hand. truly inspirational

Last edited by a moderator:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Stevie Z is full of WIN !!!

Needsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Commodore Acclaim
Stevie Z wow what a champ
and this is me atm
575322_284737471610685_256863649_n.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute

Last edited by a moderator:

snowy01

lolwut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Daily / VF SV6 /
AHHAHA PMSL! love the aussie dad.
And "Alright I want 80 reps."

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Haven't been to the gym for the last couple of weeks. Substituted with labouring on a 3 story building site.....lost 4 kgs in 2 weeks and everything is sore lol.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I severely need a personal trainer :/

Reaper