Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
My understanding of cardio was to make your body more efficient with the air it takes in, not to burn more calories.

You can still be super strong and ripped but get puffed out extremely quickly, rendering your new size useless on and practical level.

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
My understanding of cardio was to make your body more efficient with the air it takes in, not to burn more calories.

You can still be super strong and ripped but get puffed out extremely quickly, rendering your new size useless on and practical level.

Not really . You don't get big and strong so you can run a marathon . I do it so I don't get injured lifting 200+kg compressors

5ltrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
im gonna hopefully get down monday night or tuesday and work out a plan/routine i can try and stick to... or work off i should say.

thing is i cant do any running cos i have a stress fracture in my right leg. so itll be cycling instead.

i was hoping to do most of my work on the machines, mainly cos my gym has shitloads of new machines, and i wouldnt need a spotter, or is it better to use the weights?

been sticking to a lot of rice, veggies, chicken and fish
trying to cut alot of lollies and soft drinks too.

I use about 5 machines in my whole split. Uncle (ex- Mr Australasia) and his mate (current Mr Australasia) are the same. Free weights are far better, more range of motion, uses stabilizing muscles etc. If you cant get the last few reps out, just drop the weight. I've never been told off but i do it kind of safely. No its not recommended to drop the weights at the bottom of a DB fly for example, can get injured but with experience you know what you can/ cant do safely. For benching, I dont bother with the ties to hold the weight in. If you cant lift the bar up off your chest and your stuck, simply tilt the weight to one side and the weights will slide off. Or you can simply use the smith machine.

Leg press, leg curl, 1 or 2 calf machines, lat pulldown. seated row and the crossover cables are about the only machines I'd use. A seated chest press is not as good as DB pressing from a bench, seated shoulder pressing with DB's is also alot better than the machine variant.

Dont drink any soft drink at all, not even the diet rubbish. If you crave bubbles, have a soda water and splash some lemon juice in it. If you want help with diet, i could rant on forever :)

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Ok, officially finished school.
Next year i will be going to trade school and many people have said i look too skinny to be a tradie.
Ive got 3 months to put on as much weight/muscle as i can

What would people suggest.
Currently weighing 65-69Kg
Its really hard for me to put on weight.
Currently going gym 2-3 times a week for about an hour and a half each visit.

Want to take protien to help with the muscle gain.
REALLY want to take Mass gainer but my mums like super against it.... she wants me to do it all naturally. I know its still natural but you try explain that to my mum haha.

Ok So suggestions on what to take what to do and how to do it :)

Edit: Even a routine i could stick to.
Feeling really motivated.

Last edited:

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
You can be a rake in any trade mate just need to be smart . Being strong is just a bonus . Have a skip through here and places like bodybuilding.com . Heaps of good info on dieting and training

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
Ok, officially finished school.
Next year i will be going to trade school and many people have said i look too skinny to be a tradie.
Ive got 3 months to put on as much weight/muscle as i can

What would people suggest.
Currently weighing 65-69Kg
Its really hard for me to put on weight.
Currently going gym 2-3 times a week for about an hour and a half each visit.

Want to take protien to help with the muscle gain.
REALLY want to take Mass gainer but my mums like super against it.... she wants me to do it all naturally. I know its still natural but you try explain that to my mum haha.

Ok So suggestions on what to take what to do and how to do it :)

Edit: Even a routine i could stick to.
Feeling really motivated.

When I starter going to the gym in February I weighed 58kg's had very good cardio was extremely skinny and not very strong, my height is 182 for comparative purposes.

9 months later I weigh 65kg's so about as much as you but my strength gains have been massive.
4x as strong a chest, 5 times as strong shoulders, arms are about 3 times as strong, and legs/back are twice as strong.
I do legs once every couple of weeks and I don't do heavy back due to previous back injuries.

What I am trying to get across is that you need not put on a gargantuan amount of muscle to see massive strength gains, it is mostly conditioning them to do what you need, they will grow over along time of training but in 3 months I don't think you will see the results you are expecting. Muscles are very lazy and you need to whip them into shape!

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
Train insane or remain the same

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
So a few last month I made a goal for myself whilst my personal trainer was away overseas.

My goal was for 1.5km at a steady spm on the rower. I was way to ambitious after realising that 600 meters at 32spm I felt like I got ####ed by an elephant - so aimed for 1km.

Today I hit that goal.

33853_10151906857613029_463834726_n.jpg

Kept a steady 30-32 spm throughout then the last 250 meters I powered through. APPARENTLY breathing is important, I got my breathing down and the rest was just steady progress.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So a few last month I made a goal for myself whilst my personal trainer was away overseas.

My goal was for 1.5km at a steady spm on the rower. I was way to ambitious after realising that 600 meters at 32spm I felt like I got ####ed by an elephant - so aimed for 1km.

Today I hit that goal.

33853_10151906857613029_463834726_n.jpg

Kept a steady 30-32 spm throughout then the last 250 meters I powered through. APPARENTLY breathing is important, I got my breathing down and the rest was just steady progress.

Good work. Yep, breathing is super important. Breathe out on the power stroke and in on the return...nice deep breaths. Once you find your rythm it is so much easier.

At that pace you will crack 3kms in 15 mins no worries. Next goal 2 kms in 10 minutes.