Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3

T-Bone75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline, VC resto
strong as f**kkkkkkk mate! did it easy.

can u share your method of progression and any other tips? looking after rotator cuffs, partials, auxiliary tricep work, grip etc? you don't get to 185kay gees without knowing a thing or too.

Thanks mate. Yeah it's definitely been a culmination of progressive training. I've been lifting for a long time and have a couple of injuries to work around. It basically takes me a several months to get within striking range of a new pb each time, and if everything doesn't line up in terms of training, diet, health, mindset.. it just doesn't happen. As I said, it took me almost 2 years for another good run at it, since the previous PB.
Anyway, happy to share some lessons learnt in a PM if you like? (I could talk for hours on the benchpress!)

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
6.5 months through my bulk for this year. Started at 75.5kg at start of January, now 86k. Almost 11kg in just under 7 months. Pretty happy with that.
Gained quite a bit of muscle with probably only about another 6-7% bodyfat (still maintaining top two abs, just).

Will post photo's soon. Aiming to compete in 2014 or 2015. Depends on whether I change my mind on what weight class I want to enter at, which lengthens my prep.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
6.5 months through my bulk for this year. Started at 75.5kg at start of January, now 86k. Almost 11kg in just under 7 months. Pretty happy with that.
Gained quite a bit of muscle with probably only about another 6-7% bodyfat (still maintaining top two abs, just).

Will post photo's soon. Aiming to compete in 2014 or 2015. Depends on whether I change my mind on what weight class I want to enter at, which lengthens my prep.

Good work Ham, some impressive gains. When will you start to cut?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Ive hit a bit of a mental barrier.

Only lost 3 kilo in 2 months. But Im losing mass, like...losing lots of size around the chest, stomach, legs etc.

My trainer was always like I dont care about the weight on the scale I care about the tape measure. Anyway last night he saw the weight on the scale and made me feel like **** and now I just cannot be ####ed.

Apparently hes going to be doing a ####load more cardio with me.

So i dunno. Im going to reassess my eating. Might actually start measuring things properly and start counting hard.

Feels like lately all the reasons I was doing this has changed. My motivation has really been lacking and support has been kinda slipping. *shrug*

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S

Only lost 3 kilo in 2 months. But Im losing mass, like...losing lots of size around the chest, stomach, legs etc.

My trainer was always like I dont care about the weight on the scale I care about the tape measure. Anyway last night he saw the weight on the scale and made me feel like **** and now I just cannot be ####ed.

So i dunno. Im going to reassess my eating. Might actually start measuring things properly and start counting hard.

Feels like lately all the reasons I was doing this has changed. My motivation has really been lacking and support has been kinda slipping. *shrug*

I woudnt feel so down about yourself mate, we all hit that mental barrier every once in a while whether it be trying to gain muscle or lose weight.
You just gotta stick at it and things will look up. Change up your routine and (or) diet so you arnt getting to bored.

Just live your life one day at a time, no point saying I want to lose x amount of weight by a certain date. It dosent work like that.
Eat well, have plenty of rest and train hard and you will see progress.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo

Mate the results you have gotten are ridiculous. If anyone ever tells you that they haven't plateaued before they are talking ****. It's inevitable that you will slow down and feel as though the results aren't there, especially being a bigger guy and being able to notice the huge change you have undergone at the start. Just keep focussed and don't lose sight of what you want, don't let anyone tell you it isn't worth it.

When I plateau its normally time to change up my routine, even change my diet and try different foods, even if its for a few weeks its normally enough to kickstart the results again.

CHAMRA1

Reaction score
Don't worry to much about it .

I'm in exactly the same situation , I was 147kg and I've now been stuck on 103kg for over 2 months . I'm not worried , I've started to do more cardio , But I don't want to lose the mucle I've gained .

I know I've gained muscle because when I take a few weeks off training I loose weight and its not fat I've lost.

You have to look at the big picture and not at week to week etc.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
After injury layoff I have started running again. What happened was (I think) when I was 9 I broke my LH ankle. This caused an altered gait (may not have healed properly) so at age 30 I had a twisted pelvis. This has caused RH shin splints, LH knee issues (bursitis and IT band) and lately I have had piriformis syndrome and hamstring tendonosis in RH hip. Both the physio and sports doctor have cleared me for city to surf and sydney half marathon. However for next few months PBs are out of the question, I have to avoid hills where possible and have had to dial back my speed about 20s/km.

In my time off my fitness went downhill; I got stuck into the food and durries; today I embarked on a nicotine replacement program, and get my weight down from 91.2 which for me is nosebleed territory.