Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The government's thing on LPG convertions

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I think they said something about a $2000 rebate on the news earlier. Missed most of it though, but i'm going to catch it again on the 10 late news.

I'm going gas next car, but don't want any backfires!! Minux, where was the system installed that you're talking about?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Shortstuff said:
I think they said something about a $2000 rebate on the news earlier. Missed most of it though, but i'm going to catch it again on the 10 late news.

I'm going gas next car, but don't want any backfires!! Minux, where was the system installed that you're talking about?

Not sure of the site, i will go back and find it.

I am looking at it atm on a direct gas system for the VT, simply because it would be different and i could lose ALOT of emission gear.
will get back to you on the workshop that does it

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
From what ive heard, you can only get the rebate on brand new cars, if its a factory fitted item i think its a 1k rebate, an aftermarket gets the 2k, which means i doubt ill bother anytime soon convertine mine

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
minux said:
will get back to you on the workshop that does it

OK, thanks:thumbsup:

Doctor Sodways said:
From what ive heard, you can only get the rebate on brand new cars

If the rebate is only on new cars, then the news stories are a bit misleading as they show a VQ stato getting a gas kit fitted;) I'll be watching carefully at 10:30!

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
*UPDATE*

Old man was jsut watching the SBS news, and he says that they are paying the rebate to convert a second hand car, im about to do a few searches and see what i can find, will post the results

And kritical, no bad things if the car is tuned to run on gas, it can make more power, but it has to be tuned for it and to run on petrol in emergencies only basically

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
kritical said:
aparently tha price of gas will be going up too!! still be cheapa than petrol

Now there's a suprise.

There's going to be a 12.5c a litre duty on gas from 2015 I think. That won't be too bad, but the big part will be if the fuel companies hike up the price because of demand.

Last edited:

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, the excise has been known for a while, and yeah, the price will go up as the companies move to maximise profit, its interesting though, as gas is a by product and costs stuff all to make