Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The government's thing on LPG convertions

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
HDT_aero said:
i recommend you check out a sequential injection conversion i was quoted about $3200 but you gain 10% power check out www.parnell.com.au there is only one place in adelaide that do these conversions (that i know of) and they have about a 3 month waiting list

Mine is gettting done by the same guys that did my old mans car at a good price cos he gets em a fair bit of business, im more in it for the economy than the power, the car will be tuned to run 99% of the time on gas and petty in emergencies and to pump some petty through it occasionally

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Doctor Sodways said:
Mine is gettting done by the same guys that did my old mans car at a good price cos he gets em a fair bit of business, im more in it for the economy than the power, the car will be tuned to run 99% of the time on gas and petty in emergencies and to pump some petty through it occasionally

Its definately worth it man, VN's run great on gas, especially if you get it done properly

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If you can get it done for under $2000 they let you keep the extra ive heard.
But so far SA hasn't agreed to it. I think they will or they will be flamed for saying no when every other state says yes.

I know someone who does it, so hopefully i can somehow get my car in with them, although im thinking they are $2500 so $500 I have to pay :( better than paying $2500 then.

it seems another scheme that caters better for the people who already have money, Cause I know I dont just have $2000 laying around to get gas. It will take saving to get it. Would be better if people who couldnt afford it could get the rebate then the gas. Although i bet a few would keep the money and never get the gas.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
DARKVL said:
Why bother with all this rebate **** and not just scrap the taxes on petrol:bang:

Forget about petrol man, oil is way too important to be wasted pushing cars around, it's over. You need to come to terms with this :)

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
greenfoam said:
Forget about petrol man, oil is way too important to be wasted pushing cars around, it's over. You need to come to terms with this :)

I'm reminded of a quote from a crap movie. "A person can be smart, but people are stupid". Humanity's total dependence on fossil fuels is seriously disturbing, even more so when you consider how many people just ignore the fact that the damned things are running out. Everyone is thinking about the here and now, very few people are seriously considering what we're going to do tomorrow and unfortunately most of the people who are thinking about it are useless hippies. LPG is basically a petrol by-product that is in lower demand than petrol, hence cheap. Once demand goes up, price goes up, watch it happen. I'm not sure what the governments motive with the $2000 rebate is, but I suspect it's more a smokescreen than anything else.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Slim said:
If thousands of people are going gas, surely they will sky rocket the price of gas right?

LPG prices in australia are linked to the saudi contract price. like petrol, they basically follow the global price.

i doubt a few 1000 extra aussies would affect it much. it will be interesting to see though.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
minux said:
It may make mor epower, but it loses torque. Unless it is tuned on straight gas it won't make more power.

i'm struggling with that a bit.

power = torque x revs. the only way you can make more power with less torque is to raise the revs, which i don't think an LPG conversion achieves.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
you may need to harden the valve seats.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
just merged the two gas rebate threads to save space, hope this isnt to confusing for people.