Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the GU patrol :)

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
under acceleration it goes up to 12. is that about normal? (no idea about turbos/boost etc.)

has abit (alot) of lag in first

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
under acceleration it goes up to 12. is that about normal? (no idea about turbos/boost etc.)

has abit (alot) of lag in first

12psi is a good level, lag is normal.

Jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
gonna flush my cooling system just for peace of mind,

i got 5Lt of nulon 'green?' concentrate and some free nulon cooling system flush that came with it? lol

can i have some pointers on to what to do?

undo bottom rad hose.. turn heater on and flush with a hose through the top of the radiator or something? how do i enusure i fully flush it?
do i leave the car off? how do i stop it from getting air pockets in the motor?

mostly how much coolant do i put in and how much water?

can i just pour the coolant in and then full with the hose? im sure it will mix together after a short while?!?

cheers, jonno.

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
i used the nissan coolant about 50 bucks for 5 ltrs. flushed system. added coolant filled up to top of radiator soft drink bottle in top of radiator let it run bubbled away for a few minutes getting all the air out , topped reservoir bottle plus over flow bottle . the heads on these are not cheap so the nissan coolant was only option for me. i think from memory 5 lt coolant plus water makes up to 45% ratio .. hope this helps...

Jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i used the nissan coolant about 50 bucks for 5 ltrs. flushed system. added coolant filled up to top of radiator soft drink bottle in top of radiator let it run bubbled away for a few minutes getting all the air out , topped reservoir bottle plus over flow bottle . the heads on these are not cheap so the nissan coolant was only option for me. i think from memory 5 lt coolant plus water makes up to 45% ratio .. hope this helps...

cheers mate! was actually steered away from nissan coolant lol!

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
looking good Jonno.
keep it up.
anymore trips and so forth planned for this tank?

35cis7.jpg

Jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
yeah bud going
thru the simpson desert to birdsville

going Melbourne>Adelaide>maree>cooper pedy all up thru the simpson to birdsville for the races, then go up to alice springs>Uluru and then back home :)

Jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
####ed the harmonic balancer haha, apparently a common problem.. glad ive seen it when i did, the mechanic said it doesnt look bad but his gonna pull it out and inspect the crank etc to be sure.