Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Hornet

The Hornet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus XR5 Turbo
Got my tune done today...only 15psi boost too :)

7155365077_2a4488d9cd_b.jpg

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hmm...I have to ask, is it worth spending money on a car like this? The torque steer must be hideous, it is bad enough stock. Each to their own I guess, it is your car, I just see it odd to modify a vehicle to push so much through front wheels only.

Joke\:/ I guess you can now race stock ve 6's!! (SS's would probably be a better race) :p

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Hmm...is it worth spending money on a car like this? The torque steer must be hideous, is bad enough stock. Each to their own I guess. I guess you can now race stock ve 6's!! :p

same as spending money on a commodore. horses for courses.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
same as spending money on a commodore. horses for courses.

Hak, yes and no, how far do you push a car when you can't steer it due to power output through front wheels?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
nice power figure OP and nice looking car.

The Hornet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus XR5 Turbo
Honestly, i've never had an issue with torque steer even with the generic tunes i've used in the past. I always drive smart though and know how a FWD responds which makes a difference against those who usually drive RWD or AWD. If i hopped in a RWD and tried to push it, i'd be dead

Re the understeer though, its easier than it has ever been to moderate the power. It doesn't go ballistic until i want it to and in the peak hour this arvo it was perfect and docile

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hornet, yeah fair enough.

I only bring it up from when we were test driving one, it was terrible how bad it turned when power was down. I guess it would also change slightly from car to car.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
This things got a whole lot more torque than what my old bent 8 has..... Wow.
Shed boogie along. Is this the one that had the computer controlled diff to try and counteract the torque steer?

The Hornet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus XR5 Turbo
Hornet, yeah fair enough.

I only bring it up from when we were test driving one, it was terrible how bad it turned when power was down. I guess it would also change slightly from car to car.

I've also got some decent tyres on it which has made a big difference over stock ones too so definitely can't factor that out.

Overall though i'm definitely happy with it being a good allround now as it certainly wont be the best in the straight or bends but should do each one nicely.

Re lanch control - i think they have a built in limited of 3k rpm when launching, but as soon as the clutch starts engaging the gear the restrictor is completely gone and you will shoot straight up to redline so its useless. Only way to launch well in these is practice, practice and more bloody practice lol.

Also comes with open diff stock. I will be having a LSD put in for performance and also safety factors as i've got now doubt i will end up spinning it up when testing it out and learning the new tune better. Also will be getting an RS clutch put in it too.

When they ran it on the dyno they had to stop running it in 4th as the torque starting burning the clutch...I never go hard in higher gears anyway, and now i've got an even bigger reason not to until that stock clutch is out