Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The JC RC Car thread

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Any updates?

I've sold the merv and bought and built a sakura d3 Cs. Painted up a fd rx7 body. Looks great if I do say so myself! I'll get pics up later.

Looks good mate. Might ask why such big body mounts though?

Went out and bought myself a traxxas rally 'ken block' edition. Not much has gone on with the slash, had a few big hits down at the bmx dirt track the other week, now waiting for parts. Looks a little dirtier then those last pictures though. Ill charge the camera and get up some pictures later if anyone is interested.

Also have managed to keep the slash from trying to be a boat since the new esc and motor, they are still going good. Still not keen to run a 4s battery though doing enough damage with the 3s.

Troy if you jump on here can you let me know what road tyres you use for the slash/rustler? just wanting to do a couple of speed runs and last i heard you had some decent tyres. Cheers.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
The extra long body posts are an awesome idea, they help stop your car from down a drain should it lose control lol.

For the Rustler I use Jaco Prism Purples and for the Slash Sweep GT belted tyres. Both are about 100 a full set.

No updates with my gear as of late but when this wind dies down ill try and get my boat out.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
body posts were long as thats how they came and i only just finished prepping and painting when i took that pic. they are now cut down to only 2 holes above body.

I got it running yesterday. leopard brushless 4370kv. Ive programmed the ESC to have 0degrees motor timing as its my first belt car and there known for there center belt slop. even with the 0degrees its got power, although i haven't taken it out on concrete, just carpet.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
so took the sakura out on wed night....counter steer drifters are a whole different kettle of fish to control! 50/50 setups are fairly point and shoot! these CS drifters are so flicky and unsettled in the rear! im going to buy some gears to lower the overdrive % to 1.5:1 instead of 2.14:1

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
389344FB-orig.jpg

got some wheels in the post today :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac manual/VE sportswagon omega Z-series
yeah goes pretty good only problem standard motor had an air leak i ignored cooked it put the conrod though the block