Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The latest project, removable camper project, OZ Trail 8.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
So many, I can't keep up!

I’m not surprised!

From memory, it started out as usual… an extensive scanning the online marketplaces to see what’s available and for how much. Then the usual due diligence scan of the retail market for the retail price. Then, as usual, the planning of the reconnaissance mission to retrieve the said bargain while preserving the $180 fortnightly fuel allocation (an ongoing saga in itself - as you well know). The pièce de résistance was a fortunate ‘coincidence’ (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) of a work trip and a detour to pick up the said bargain. Then the coup-de-grace of offering even less for the said bargain at the time of picking it up. This mortal blow yielded a further $10 ‘savings’ to the Losh treasury. The $180 fuel budget preserved and the bargain waterproofing successfully retrieved.

:)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Love these people on the forum whinging about @losh1971 projects..

His projects seem to be the main thing happening on this forum...

Who gives a rats if it goes over budget or it costs more to restore than buy new

There are a few others, but are a little few and far between for various reason

Where are all the whingers projects? By the sounds of it, their projects are the whinging about his.

So instead of whinging about his projects and his comments, gets off your butts and post your own up

And finally...Don't give a stuff if I get banned or people say things about this comment...I'm posting the truth up about what happens

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I’m not surprised!

From memory, it started out as usual… an extensive scanning the online marketplaces to see what’s available and for how much. Then the usual due diligence scan of the retail market for the retail price. Then, as usual, the planning of the reconnaissance mission to retrieve the said bargain while preserving the $180 fortnightly fuel allocation (an ongoing saga in itself - as you well know). The pièce de résistance was a fortunate ‘coincidence’ (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) of a work trip and a detour to pick up the said bargain. Then the coup-de-grace of offering even less for the said bargain at the time of picking it up. This mortal blow yielded a further $10 ‘savings’ to the Losh treasury. The $180 fuel budget preserved and the bargain waterproofing successfully retrieved.

:)

And if you used that thing between your ears, @losh1971 posting up costs can help in future if it comes to buying particular items....

But I wouldn't expect you to think that far ahead....Just go on your merry way, laying shite on his antics, without a 2nd thought why it'd be posted up....

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Can't imagine why anybody would have a whinge on this thread. I myself am interested in Losh’s efforts into restoring and making better his camper trailer. In fact I've even contributed a bit of advice myself as have others. Judging by the ‘thumbs up’ given by the handful of people following this thread it seemed to be going along nicely, especially when someone can add a little clever banter in the mix.

So yeah, hard to understand who would want to whinge or imply others are whinging when there clearly isn't any evidence of that happening on this thread……well, not until a couple of posts ago anyway.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I don't think anyone is really whinging, more just commenting on how regular this chain of events occurrs. Some people are very quiet about what they do day to day whereas losh likes to discuss it in detail. And probably a hundred people follow every step like a daily episode of home and away. Possibly better refered to as a home, another home, a few utes and a shed. With a hoist, a crane, a **** load of tools that have never been used and a flying bicycle :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So ordered some replacement pole C clips. Turns out the ones I thought I needed for the larger ID poles are too big, and the ones I ordered for the thinner poles suit the thicker poles. So I now have to return one lot and order some more but in the right size.

Hopefully get them sent off tomorrow after work and towards the end of the week I will order some more in the correct size. Just glad I test fitted them today.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bought a second bottle of Mould Rid about a week ago and finally had time to have another go at the two affected panels. I managed to get one side done before I had to head out. Plan is to finish the inside of the panel when we get home this eve. It's not going to be perfect but it's a lot better and we'll have to live with it now.

Next step is to waterproof and hopefully I can get a start on that tomorrow arvo. Plan is to start with the roof and two side panels I cleaned. Then if I have any left over I will do the walls. Considering blowing it on with the gun, but that will depend on whether it drifts everywhere. If it does I will have to roll it on. I tried the gun with the Mould Rid and the shed ended up full of fumes, so used the squirt bottle this time and scrubbed it until frothy with a brush and then let it soak.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Also the replacement clips arrived on Thursday so I have been able to repair a couple of poles. It looks like I have some spare clips so going to cut down two bent poles and add a clip to use them to support the part we sleep under. As it is it seems to sag a bit possibly because it needs a pole on the angle, but to do that I am one pole short. But trying to save money so trying to not spend anything more than I have too right now. I seem to have a stack of poles that I think are for awnings which I need to see how many I actually need and whether I can modify one to have a C clip on each end. It will just mean getting the cut off saw out and losing a couple of inches on each end.