Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Motorcycle riders thread

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Pics too please.
IMG_20200918_204233.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Disappointed after looking at other images. One ugly crankcase - needs anodising black.
Its electric so I wouldn't have a crankcase :p may not even have a gearbox :eek:

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Its electric so I wouldn't have a crankcase :p may not even have a gearbox :eek:
Yeah, no gearbox as such as it’s a single speed transmission. I think the hardest part to get used to when looking at it is we are used seeing the typical V Twin with the cooling fins etc and pipes out the side. I guess imagine people of 1904 looking at a Nightrod or Fat boy today, what we find ugly or strange today will undoubtedly be the normal in the future. Just needs an amplifier connected to the throttle so you can still hear the sounds so accustomed to the Harley-Davidson’s

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Surprised they still have gone for a chain drive.
Curious as to why a Hub Drive may not have been used, or if they will go to the hub drive set up to even further reduce wearable parts in the longer run. Could also lead to hub drives front and rear that can also then be used as a generator when coasting downhill/braking.

As for really old bikes, looking at them the design really hasnt changed much for a long time. Just be refined and tuned.
Have photos and the story of the Great Grandfather who went from Melb to Perth back in 1929 on an old 1927 BSA (with sidecar).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Zero SR, 52kw, 152nm, 163kmph max speed, 18kwh battery, 145 - 359 km range, 2 hour recharge, regenerative braking @ $15500 - $18400 USD.

Harley-Davidson Livewire , 78kw, 116nm, 15.5kwh battery, 160km minimum range, 1 hour fast charge, no regenerative braking and no price listed on their website but here it states HD’s ridiculous pricing starts at $29,800USD . Downunder it’s in the $50k range :eek:

Really, why would anyone want the HD livewire when the Zero SR is arguably seems a better bike at a much lower cost. Is the company basing its price on the fact HD riders may be blind to anything else?