Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
With this kind of demand really makes me sad that Holden will close soon. Does anyone know if new cars will be available 2018? That's when my lease ends on my 2013 redline and can't imagine buying any other car at the moment!

Production closes shop in 2017 so i'd say there would still be some around, that being said why not just buy the redline after your lease ends ?

13redlineVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf redline
Thought about it was planning on a VF2 for another lease then buy at the end of that one!

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hi all this is my first post here.

I am planning to order a VF2 Redline in early to mid 2017 but have been hearing from a couple of dealers and other sources that Holden will be stopping production early and there will not be any 2017 builds. Would anybody here be able to confirm or deny this?

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
I also ordered on 24/10... SSV-R with black roof + 20s.
Was first told should be 4 - 6 week build. Was then told looking like early to mid Jan delivery. Still waiting on a determined date of delivery - sent an email off today to the dealer asking for ETA. Will get in touch with Holden if haven't heard back soon.

I guess I spoke too soon. Got an email today from my dealer saying car should arrive early next week and be ready by that weeks end. Dad's ute will be ready on the 28th of Dec. Was sort of hoping for a 2016 build but guess i'll be getting an early Christmas pressie :)

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS

I am planning to order a VF2 Redline in early to mid 2017 but have been hearing from a couple of dealers and other sources that Holden will be stopping production early and there will not be any 2017 builds. Would anybody here be able to confirm or deny this?

Could be dealers trying to drum up business early, pretty sure Cruze ends next year, my guess is Commodore will continue into 2017, and stock will be still available until 2018. There has been suggestions HSV will take donor cars that allow them to continue into 2018.

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon

My work supplies parts to holden - We get sent there schedule and have interactions with them in regards to the closing as we also unfortunately have to make decisions on our workers future. At this stage we havent been advised of any change of the planned closure date.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Could be dealers trying to drum up business early, pretty sure Cruze ends next year, my guess is Commodore will continue into 2017, and stock will be still available until 2018. There has been suggestions HSV will take donor cars that allow them to continue into 2018.

My work supplies parts to holden - We get sent there schedule and have interactions with them in regards to the closing as we also unfortunately have to make decisions on our workers future. At this stage we havent been advised of any change of the planned closure date.

Thanks for the replies. I hope you guys are right as it will really screw up my plans if they decide to pull the plug early. One of my sources also works for a Holden supplier and he says no 2017 builds.

13redlineVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf redline
This will make big difference to my Redline upgrade as well

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Thanks for the replies. I hope you guys are right as it will really screw up my plans if they decide to pull the plug early. One of my sources also works for a Holden supplier and he says no 2017 builds.

I'm not privy to any industry info, I think if Ford can continue building Falcons and Territories until September /October 2016, I'm pretty sure Holden can continue until 2017, hopefully they will stick with the stated October 2017 date. I guess they need the build numbers to keep going, hopefully that will happen, at least revived interest in the V8's should help, and hopefully there will still be enough sixes built to help keep them alive also. Given normal life cycles of major model changes historically being about 9 years and VE was released 9 years ago, October 2017 will actually be 2 years over normal cycles, so in that sense it's already is becoming old in its basic design. Previous major models were VT-VZ 1997 to 2006, VN-VS 1988 to 1997, and VB - VL was 10 years 1978 to 1988.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon

I am an ex-Holden employee as of July this year, working in the purchasing department. I can guarantee that production is not scheduled to finish until October 2017, with a buildout at the end to ensure that there are vehicles available between plant closure and the imported commodore arriving in 2018