Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Picked my redline up yesterday and absolutely love it. My first Holden and first V8.... pulled the exhaust relay out today and went for a drove up to Hahndorf making sure drove the through the freeway tunnels.. oh wow the noise this thing makes.. very happy customer

Can't you just turn the bimodal off and on in the settings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1VXdMD7mxM

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
So with the bi-modal on it will idle full open then closes from idle to 3000k at which point it opens again? But in off the bi-modal remains closed the whole time even with the boot in it?

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
So with the bi-modal on it will idle full open then closes from idle to 3000k at which point it opens again? But in off the bi-modal remains closed the whole time even with the boot in it?

Just pull the relay out if you want it open all of the time (regardless of the MyLink setting). If you still have the relay in and the bimodal on (in MyLink) it will only be open during idle or over ~3000rpm.
One thing that I liked was the sudden surge in sound when it opened up when driving it hard.

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline

Thats correct mate..

Love it being open all the way though.. get all the gurgles etc when changing gears at low revs

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
You reckon it sounds great now. Wait till you get headers and a system.

Nor I....getting all mine done pre-delivery. Having seen another one lowered would love to do this also. Any idea on what sort of cost for just lowering coils fitted? Only want t go one step down.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
Got mine Friday, also first Commodore, really impressed. I am not sure I will ever get sick of that exhaust, its really good for a stock system. Replaced a TDI (emissions cheating) Audi, so it will take a while to get used the fuel consumption....

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Nor I....getting all mine done pre-delivery. Having seen another one lowered would love to do this also. Any idea on what sort of cost for just lowering coils fitted? Only want t go one step down.

i payed $700 to do mine, that was coils, labour and to check the wheel allignment. Camber is still within spec so no need for a cha ge there.