Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The new Holden Malibu

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Holden's new Malibu will completely redefine conventional perceptions of the mid-sized sedan when it goes on sale next month with a two-model range that combines sharp coupe-like styling with a long list of technology features as standard.

Holden Executive Director Sales and Marketing, Philip Brook, says the Holden Malibu was entering the market at a crucial time for Holden.

"It has been over five years since we had a new entrant in the medium size segment, but with the Malibu now on sale, it completes the revitalisation of our sedan range," he says.

CommodoreMalibu_zpsc178b1bf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Malibu is offered with a choice of a spirited 2.4-litre petrol 4-cylinder engine or efficient 2.0-litre 4-cylinder common-rail turbodiesel, that both drive through a smooth six-speed automatic transmission with Active Select.

The CD model boasts a long list of premium and technology features as standard. Feature highlights include 17" alloy wheels, 7" colour touchscreen and built-in apps, passive entry & push button start, rear parking sensors and rear view camera.

Article insert 3_rear_Malibu

The Holden MyLink system provides all the latest infotainment options and smartphone compatibility with full USB and iPod® integration, Bluetooth® connectivity, AM/FM radio, single CD player, and built-in apps including Pandora® and Stitcher SmartRadioTM, all delivered through a nine-speaker premium sound system.

The step up into the top-of-the-range CDX model adds leather appointed heated seats with eight-way power adjustment, leather wrap steering wheel, Camaro-inspired LED tail lamps, rain sensing wipers and dual zone climate control.

Outside, the Malibu CDX is distinguished by its larger 18" alloy wheels, front foglamps and chrome highlights.

SOURCE: Holden News (Holden Lion) June edition 2013

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Any shots of the front end ?, looks quite good though

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Not really a commodore malibu........it's just a malibu.

It's been on sale in the US for a few years now, not a Aus designed GM car like the commodore/current model cruze

I do like the styling, But no way would I buy a 4 Cyl again

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
In two generations time the Malibu will be the new Commodore and the Commodore will be the new Statesman.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Apologies YES I inadvertently and incorrectly included the Commodore name. here's a photo of the front:

CommodoreMalibu2_zpsaf4f1b26.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The front /side shot like that looks like a camry

The back look great though

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Boy, are the punters going to have trouble identifying the Malibu from a Cruze...from the front at least. It could even pass as a VE II to some people.
Side on there are definite traces of the superseded Camry, which is not a good thing. It looks boring and stale and the rear end looks awkward from front three quarter view. No doubt it will sell, but I think the market segment leaders are safe and won't feel threatened by the Malibu.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
done many PD's on these. they are nice.
i like the screen inside which flips up so you can put stuff behind it (best feature) :p

nah they seem alright. much like an epica. front looks like a camry.

PS: Its not a commodore as the title suggests.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It actually has the ass which the new commodore shouldve got i reckon.

Front looks ok but plain though

So basically its a Camry lol

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
the VF Clubsport has lights almost just like this.
I actually love the look of the VF clubby from the back.
And the interior is really good.