Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Sled...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Going to get shot here...but... I actually like those rims a lot.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
got to agree, love the colour etc but those rims just don't suit it at all, maybe black would help?

Cheers bloke!
After washing it again today, I think I can safely say white rims are out..
These are bright silver and they're bad enough with brake dust, white would be a bitch to keep clean.. So, if they get painted black could be it..

Going to get shot here...but... I actually like those rims a lot.

Cheers Tas, I don't mind them that much, like, they don't bother me enough to get new ones straight away.. :D
Looks heaps nicer when they're washed, like in the last pic. (in person)

hsv_r8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 R8 SV
Nice ride Zeussy.

The silver do look good, however black makes keeping them clean easy. I have silver on my Redline and they do get dirty quickly. The new ride has satin graphite which should mean less brake dust.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice ride Zeussy.

The silver do look good, however black makes keeping them clean easy. I have silver on my Redline and they do get dirty quickly. The new ride has satin graphite which should mean less brake dust.

Cheers hsv_r8, are those rims on your new beast a thinner spoked design, darker colour/graphite?

If so, they're possibly the ones I wanted but Holden used the line "we'd like to keep them for our elite models" so in other words, we're not putting those rims on your base model.. :rofl2:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
will admit when i first saw the VF's i didnt like them. but seeing yours it has grown on me heaps!!

colour is beautiful just that shine alone would make me snap neck to look, and the interior well i do love it!

only thing i dont like are the rims. just dont cut it for me. id much prefer to see a different style of aggressive rim on, but i owning a HSV i know the back pocket will be hurting haha

also check out this lambo (god damn that XY sounds animal)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
will admit when i first saw the VF's i didnt like them. but seeing yours it has grown on me heaps!!

colour is beautiful just that shine alone would make me snap neck to look, and the interior well i do love it!

only thing i dont like are the rims. just dont cut it for me. id much prefer to see a different style of aggressive rim on, but i owning a HSV i know the back pocket will be hurting haha

also check out this lambo (god damn that XY sounds animal)

Sexxxy Jec'sy! :D Cheers for the kind words mate, means a lot especially knowing shy'a and all the work that's gone into that sexy bitch..!

Hahaaa, she does look pretty shiney, it's nuts.. The dark colours are awesome for reflections, but on the flip side an absolute bitch to keep clean and every tiny little scuff shows up so bad.
The thing needs a really good colour sand/buff/polish, the factory peel is ridiculous. But, yes agree'd on the back pocket pain, while it's all relevant, it does slow things up a little. :p Any suggestions on rims tho..?

As soon as funds permit, this thing will be sporting a good sized cam, a bit of straight pipe for an exhaust and a nice OTR. It's not a daily so as you know you can get away with a little 'wilder' modifications.. ;)

But sheeeeeet, pop the clutch in this thing 1/2/3 and you've got a grin from ear to ear..!! (wasn't game enough to try for 4th gear yet!) You'd be proud :D

And yeah I saw that lambo vid on facey the same day I saw the lambo in person, and was like is that the same car?! lmao, GT sounds so fat, can't beat good ol' muscle..

hsv_r8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 R8 SV
Cheers hsv_r8, are those rims on your new beast a thinner spoked design, darker colour/graphite?

If so, they're possibly the ones I wanted but Holden used the line "we'd like to keep them for our elite models" so in other words, we're not putting those rims on your base model.. :rofl2:

Zeussy,
Damn them because the catalog i have says it is an option for all models.
They are the SV wheels that are now an option of the R8 SV.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Zeussy,
Damn them because the catalog i have says it is an option for all models.
They are the SV wheels that are now an option of the R8 SV.

Just had a look at the catalog and you're right..
The ones I wanted are the SV performance forged alloy wheel. (available on all models) In Satin Graphite.

Fckn kents..

Janesey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pac
nice rig mate! love the colour! wish i had one :( haha thats sick man enjoy!

nf_vrII

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Ford AU II Falcon
Sweet rig! Love the colour! Would love a VF Ute in that colour.