Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Phillip Island Race and Aftermath Thread. DO NOT START ANYMORE

Furious_8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Twin Turbo, VN Turbo, VY Storm
Hi Pplz
Just looking for some more info on what happened on Monday night after the Philip island round and found this on the bigpond web site in there TV section.

It is a Show called Panel Beaters and it recaps the rounds of the V8s and its hosted by Neil Crompton, Greg Rust and Brad Jones.

Part 1
V8 Video: 2006 Round 13 Phillip Island Panel Beaters Post Part 1

Part 2
V8 Video: 2006 Round 13 Phillip Island Panel Beaters Post Part 2

Part 3
V8 Video: 2006 Round 13 Phillip Island Panel Beaters Post Part 3

Part 4
V8 Video: 2006 Round 13 Phillip Island Panel Beaters Post Part 4

Enjoy!
Bring on 07

i posted this on SC

Furious_8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Watch part 4 for the report on what happened on monday night

Ill give a hint. Craig Out braked him self.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Watch part 4 for the report on what happened on monday night

Ill give a hint. Craig Out braked him self.

watched it, didn't see the bit where he says "craig outbraked himself"

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
ive watched that video a few times now and it looks to me lowndes did hit that corner faster than he should have.. he got hit from behind but it dosnt look like that was the cause of him spinning out, he then locked up the brakes to spin out... it looked like it was his own fault

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i totally agree that it was craigs own fault but they didn't say that on the show. what they did say was that craig had lifted earlier coming outa corner 2 to keep the lefthand side and that kelly had more speed on him and was braking better then lowndes but that lowndes was entitled to close the door on him eventhough he had intially left a gap but thatkelly had taken the right approach and if kelly had turned onto the grass to avoid lowndes the end result woulda been worse. lowndes did make it worse by moving forward ontl the racing line, i think he was trying to stop the pack and therfor not fallingto far back into the pack but he got hit instead

Furious_8

Reaction score
Members Ride
watched it, didn't see the bit where he says "craig outbraked himself"

Thats my take of the Video. Craig would have shut the door earlier if he thought he was in front of rick but im sure he would have braked later and then blocked but just didnt pull it off.

BeNoS

PROUDLY ON THE PUSHY
Reaction score
Members Ride
1000hp trek pushie (on a good day)
do u think

yes i no its old news now but everybody has said that lowndes outbraked himself well if lowndes outbraked himself then how the **** did rick kelly hit him from behind i mean come on thats just common sense n yes the incident was blown out of proportion but it still seems odd that rick hit his only rival even if it wasnt planned for him to spin and with a comment like win it or bin it its all makes it sound like he done it on purpose not at all sayin he did but it all links up
btw did any1 see one of the papers that showed a side on view of the hit and lowndes rear wheels were off the ground so it was more than a love tap that ppl r making it out to be
but yes i do agree that had it not have been for the hrt luck tander would have been champion