Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Phillip Island Race and Aftermath Thread. DO NOT START ANYMORE

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
Heres some photos of the action -

OQ0J1895.JPG

OQ0J1897.JPG

OQ0J1900.JPG

OQ0J1902.JPG

OQ0J1907.JPG

Looking at these photos it looks like Lowndes outbraked himself a little and brought trouble on himself. I Kelly gave him a 'love tap' beforehand it would look to be quite acceptable....
You actually had to look twice to see Kelly hit Lowndes on the TV footage.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
if it was exactaly the same situation in reverse, it would have been ford blocking holden, so whats the big deal, its the championship round all bets are off. ill bet if it was in reverse it would have been the same

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i think 888 dropped the challenge so i guess the result stands.

either way... tander, skaife and the kellys are tards in my opinion

haha, they didn't drop it. The ruling stayed the same, because the punishment was suitable to what happened. As others have said, Lowndes caused the damage himself, by driving forward onto the racing line. Todd got out of it no problems, and didn't winge like a baby.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
haha, they didn't drop it. The ruling stayed the same, because the punishment was suitable to what happened. As others have said, Lowndes caused the damage himself, by driving forward onto the racing line. Todd got out of it no problems, and didn't winge like a baby.

great point... as illustrated by the photos I posted

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
lets just see what happens next year when they change the point system. then skaife/ tander woulda been in the hot seat with 7 wins each. the nudge by kelly wasn't enough to spin him unless he was already loosing the rear end of the 888 falcon. looked like lowndes had over cooked it and was tryingto closethe door on kelly anywas. somewould call it blocking. bring on the VE

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
lets just see what happens next year when they change the point system. then skaife/ tander woulda been in the hot seat with 7 wins each. the nudge by kelly wasn't enough to spin him unless he was already loosing the rear end of the 888 falcon. looked like lowndes had over cooked it and was tryingto closethe door on kelly anywas. somewould call it blocking. bring on the VE

dead on the money... at times it looked like Lowndes was blocking Rick Kelly!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
lol skaife? None of this would be a ****ing issue if ****ing Avesco didn't want project blueprint.

You are whinging about how it happened, but the only reason it was this tight was because rule changes slowed holdens down to help fords, now when it is close racing and no one can pass every one ****ing whinges.

if it happened in any other round it would of been seen as a racing incident.
ehh... no matter what anyone says ill still stand by my comments of who is retarded and who isnt

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
dead on the money... at times it looked like Lowndes was blocking Rick Kelly!
umm, no ****?

fair enough lowndes blocking kelly (or other way around) but its a crock when someone who isnt incontention is holding up someone so his tem mate can catch up.

and honestly tell me, if whincup was blocking rick kelly so lowndes could catch up... and then bright took him out do you think the holden fans would let it go? you would all be sooking as much as the ford fans.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Someone said 4 black flags relating to lowndes, wasnt there 1 black flag? That was for tander.

Thing is, had it been a ford driver blocking lowndes nothing would be said.

Again, if lowndes was so much faster then he surely could of passed these people without a problem. You only have to look at the post race comments in race 2 to see lowndes was in no way distressed at racing with skaife nor anyone else, why? Because he finished in front of kelly.