Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Phillip Island Race and Aftermath Thread. DO NOT START ANYMORE

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Did anyone notice wincup spin infront of lowndes??
A guy i know on another forum a ford supporter said when Wincup spun and lowndes was on his right normally he would turn right and spin around, But seeing his team mate on the right he went left straight into another driver. He protected his team mate.
Race 2 Bright was blocking lowndes he wouldn't have let him get by, Then bright looses it and taps skaife... Nothing said about that, Lowndes comes flying past bright and almost gets skaife 2. Tell you know if bright could have got lowndes as he spun he would have he is a lone ranger.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
great pics above, i think they prove my point. tod kelly had more then a car legths lead on lowndes, if ricks tap had been hard enough to spin him he woulda missed the hrt commodore but as said previously, lowndes was blocking rick and braked to late otherwise rick woulda been beside him into the corner. lowndes was already loosing it because he out braked himself and that explains how he hit the hrt commodore which ws far enough in front for lowndes to have missed him. the HRT commdore wasn't holding anybody up at all. lowndes was bussy stopping kelly passing him. i can tell you now however there are going to be a lot of black flags next year whe npeople are actually going to be fighting to get to the front with the new points system

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
The last thing that we need is the stewards calling the positions in the race via black flags. Someone driving a defensive line will always be a fraction slower & that is fine by the rule book. It would be good to see how thay actually seperate a defensive line versus out & out blocking. I reckon they should bring out the two by two law. You get two taps then two tonne.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i always the thought that you could move once to defend your position/line but if you change your line again then your blocking.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i think that's only in a straight line.

Colin Bond (driving stds guy for V8s) explained on TV that in the corners if you consistently take the defensive (inside) line, preventing overtaking opportunities for the driver behind, you will be shown a black(?) flag for unsportsmanlike driving, EXCEPT in the last 3 laps when it's OK.

i believe that's why Tander was pulled in, he was doing it too early.

Last edited:

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Someone said 4 black flags relating to lowndes, wasnt there 1 black flag? That was for tander.

Skaife also recieved a penalty overnight for blocking Lowndes and was put back a couple of places. Thats what they said when I was there.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Here is the incident on You tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hew6czz5BLA

By the way, it bad enough hearing the Ford Fans whinge and bitch about this incident let alone read people on here whinging about Rick Kelly winning.
Watch the replay, if you can't see it wasn't Kelly's fault then be it.
But Lowndes moved across at the last minute. Rick even almost went off trackt dodge him but decided he couldn't so moved slightly back on, and if you watch in the inside car camera, When Lowndes gets pushed forward, Todd Kelly even comes in to the inside line very quickly as he must have been giving Lowndes room to overtake him, but at the last minute though Lowndes was stil behind him. Lowndes excuse for moving across in front of Rick was he was going to pass Todd. Well if Rick didn't hit Lowndes, Lowndes would of shunted Todd Kelly instead. So either way there would have been contact with Lowndes and a Kelly. Look at the replay, I mean look at it, watch it about 10 times to know what I am talking about it. This was just a plain racing incident that happened at the wrong time.
Lowndes made the move and paid dearly for it. Lowndes himself didn't protest the decision, it was his team.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is the incident on You tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hew6czz5BLA

By the way, it bad enough hearing the Ford Fans whinge and bitch about this incident let alone read people on here whinging about Rick Kelly winning.
Watch the replay, if you can't see it wasn't Kelly's fault then be it.
But Lowndes moved across at the last minute. Rick even almost went off trackt dodge him but decided he couldn't so moved slightly back on, and if you watch in the inside car camera, When Lowndes gets pushed forward, Todd Kelly even comes in to the inside line very quickly as he must have been giving Lowndes room to overtake him, but at the last minute though Lowndes was stil behind him. Lowndes excuse for moving across in front of Rick was he was going to pass Todd. Well if Rick didn't hit Lowndes, Lowndes would of shunted Todd Kelly instead. So either way there would have been contact with Lowndes and a Kelly. Look at the replay, I mean look at it, watch it about 10 times to know what I am talking about it. This was just a plain racing incident that happened at the wrong time.
Lowndes made the move and paid dearly for it. Lowndes himself didn't protest the decision, it was his team.

your on the money here. the incar definitly does show rick been sqweezed off the track, the 2nd shot clearly shows that lowndes was about 2 carlengths behind todd and definitly outbraked himself trying to get under todd kelly. in hind sight rick shoulda backed right off, lowndes woulda hit todd and caused a racing incident(spin) for which he shoulda got a black flag himself and rick still woulda won. so the question is, if lowndes had spun out todd kelly trying to pass him, would he have gotten a black flag for it (i gotta say though, why did todd kelly slow so much into that corner, it just looks thatway from the long shot after the incar camera??? not that i'm bitching as lowndes was screwed either way, it just woulda been better if he had caused the black flag incident himself, that way he couldn't blame anybody else:bang: )

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Pfft "Moral Champions" ie. "We didnt win the race and we didnt win the sook, but to us, its still a win"

Any other time of the year it wouldnt have been an issue, like at Indy, when Lowndes sideswiped the back of Richard's (i think) car and almost sent him into the wall at 200+ km/h...great show of skill there Craig.

I've noticed from watching that Craig seems to use other cars to stay on the track, where he goes in to a corner too hot with other cars around he's more than happy to lean on them to stop him going off.

Also, i cant stand the eyes..looks like he's got mascara on...:bang: