Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Project VH...

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
blue over silver or green over silver the only 2 options you should be considering sl/e FTW

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
REVIVAL OF THE MOTH3R FK3N THREAD!!! :p Ari!

Congrats guys, you (and my missus) shamed me into doing something to it, lol.

Oooohhh Yeah!!

So, not a whole lot to report, but it took most of the day.

Ended up spending half the time sand blasting the passenger side of the engine bay, then throwing some bog around, followed by lots of sanding... :/ I'll let the pictures do the talking :D

PA210587.jpg

PA210589.jpg

PA210592.jpg

So, now the only hole in the inner guard is for the bumper support. Its not 100% perfect, but its a helluva lot better than it looked this morning :thumbsup: Only really one bit im not too happy with, the back edge of where the battery tray used to be/where it meets the curvy bit on the inner guard, (the bit closest to the brake line hole) therea like 3 small holes, or grand canyons. Physically small holes, but obviously too big to be filled with putty/primer :p Tried anyway, and ended up getting a small run in the corner - the side closest to the engine. Will fix up any imperfections when the time comes ;)

Seam sealed the gaps in the panels underneath the headlights. It had started to get some grit build up in there from many years of driving - basically just waiting to get wet and promote a healthy breading ground for the cancer... Bit of preventitive measure there. Not the neatest, but the headlights will cover it all up so you wont see it. :p

Originally had planned to prime it all together, but it seems I can't stay motervated long enough to get the whole thing done in one go, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to do it again!! :/

PA210594.jpg

And, thats how its been sitting for god knows how long :rofl2:

Plans are to do the drivers side inner guard tomorrow, then prime it!
Some time in the future, smooth out the radiator support panel, cut out/plate the recesses that held the bonnet support, and weld up any un-needed holes etc...
Then get into the firewall smoothing, removing A/C hole, and any other unused bolt holes etc. Maybe even see if the lines can be run inside the inner guard/outer guard then up into the recess under the windscreen panel where the VP lines used to run.

You need a working blower fan thingy for rego hey? If not, might ditch the whole lot :eek:

Then once all thats done, time to pick a colour!! Paint bay, throw the motor/box in, start running wires/lengthening the wiring harness, think about battery in the boot...

Yeah, and ima stop there, cause the list is looooong. To long for one post!

On a side note, is the engine crossmember the same for the V6 as the 304??? :devil:

Last edited:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well thats crap as :/

How about the wiring, obviously not the same plugs/connections etc, but is it possible to use the V6 harness with a few small mods on and EFI V8?

Just thinking some time in the near future. Dreaming, lol. :p

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol ari, maybe I should've worded it betterer :p
And I know yay, progress!! :D But my backs not saying yay! lol

The engine bay/passenger side (after I did it the sort of second time) got a blister/bubble under the acryilc primer - bout the size of a 20c piece. So ages ago I stripped out a whole bunch of it with a flapper disc. But left it bare for at least a month, so it had got some pretty chronic surface rust going on. Sand blasted all the rusty bits + some more around them. So, basically that side of the engine bay has been done like 3 times, the drivers side, when it gets done will have been done almost 2 times - lol.

The comment "And, thats how its been sitting for god knows how long..." refers to the car sitting on stands. Not going anywhere anytime soon. :/ 'Cept it had the bonnet just sitting on top of the bay.
It was on all four stands for even longer, but I needed some stands for the VY, so threw the VY stockies on the front.

:thumbsup: