Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Got some more heating fuel today. Now we won't go cold if they disconnect our power.

20240518_154451.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That would last us a month here
Yeah, it's only 2m. It should see us through as we don't have it going non-stop from now until mid Sept. We would need 6m-8m to allow us to not need the heat pump in winter.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
1716021609204.png

And now we have a warm house. Wife was happy to come home to this ^^^^ after freezing at Sheffield all day.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yeah, it's only 2m. It should see us through as we don't have it going non-stop from now until mid Sept. We would need 6m-8m to allow us to not need the heat pump in winter.
I'm about to go down the same path for the same reason. Much of our power usage is sucked up by the split systems for heating. In winter when the solar won't be getting the full whack I'd rather burn a few trees than use the battery charge and ultimately peak pricing to heat the house.

https://bbqsoutdoorandheating.com.au/coonara-firelite-freestanding

One of those in the rumpus adjacent to the bedrooms should do the trick.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I'm about to go down the same path for the same reason. Much of our power usage is sucked up by the split systems for heating. In winter when the solar won't be getting the full whack I'd rather burn a few trees than use the battery charge and ultimately peak pricing to heat the house.

Do you need such a massive unit?

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

That's got a big heating capacity. You must have one hell of a big rumpus room:)
Seriously though, have a look at one that's got a better efficiency rating. There are a few out there.