Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
thats gotta be the poorest excuse ive ever heard.

It may have got a weld... Still need to make a cross brace then weld on hinges. Buy a 50 by 100 steel post a slide bolt and we're in business.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Went for my 5km run this morning.

Finished in precisely the same time as last week, 25:51.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Went for my 5km run this morning.

Finished in precisely the same time as last week, 25:51.

Good effort , did 12.40 km in 1:00.11 this morning , I go out before it gets to hot , other wise it's just kak man going out later in the day

Last edited:

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Nice! I actually don't like running so I have to force myself to do it, and I've never been much of a long distance runner :). Now I'm going to have to start running 2 - 3 times a week instead of once, and that's on top of the other training I do =/.

5km is my maximum distance though, for my needs I don't have a reason to go any longer and I'm not interested in running marathons.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Nice! I actually don't like running so I have to force myself to do it, and I've never been much of a long distance runner :). Now I'm going to have to start running 2 - 3 times a week instead of once, and that's on top of the other training I do =/.

5km is my maximum distance though, for my needs I don't have a reason to go any longer and I'm not interested in running marathons.

Thanks mate , personal belief is , that for general fitness , and for weight management , running cannot be beaten , I'm not keen on marathons either, I do other training during the week , and twice a week do the running thing .

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Yep, I totally agree with you! My primary training is a power lifting routine, but that doesn't achieve what running achieves. I think walking for long periods everyday is also very important for your general health and fitness - especially if you work at a desk job.

One thing I do believe people neglect with running though, is short distance sprinting. So, heading down to a track or an oval, marking out 100m, and doing sets of 100, 200 or 400m at full speed for time, with rest in between. You might only fit in 5 400m runs, and it might only take 25-30 minutes with rest time, but I guarantee your next 10km run will be slightly better for it :).

With all that said, I've also been neglecting the sprinting... but once I figure out how to fit in with my routine I'll be putting it on one of my running days.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
really am enjoying the cricket coverage on channel 10.
very interesting to have the players on the mic.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
So my street is closed because of what I believe were shots fired, and someone got stabbed...

Brilliant.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Nah, they're just a pack of ferals. The whole family who lives there is. I just heard them walk past after the police interviewed them, here are a few snippets of conversation:

"I'm not the one who got stabbed" "Except in the arse"
"I hope they don't find my bong"
"I need to get some stuff out of the house" "You can't, mum, it's a crime scene."

I should clarify, it's not my whole street, just the section a couple of houses up from me where it all went down.

Nothing like an exciting night.