Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Moles Creek to Launceston in less than an hour. Drove straight to Cataract Gorge and then walked through the Gorge to Kings Bridge and then down into the town centre. On the way, had a look in at Penny Royal. Coffee at ‘Coffee Republic’ and fan heater and trouser shopping to follow. Big rap to Harris Scarfe and Target. Banjo’s for the missus and Soushi for me for lunch, and then a walk back up to the Gorge. Stopped at Deloraine on the way back for a bit of shopping and called in to what used to be The British Hotel but is now called ‘The Little Green Men Brewing Co.
Reluctant shopping in the local Woolies, noticed no self-serve check-out. Suits me, but what's that about. By the way, a big shout out to all shop staff in Taz. Very courteous and well-mannered.
On the way back to our campsite, stopped at the Mole Creek Hotel for a pint and went out the back where you are guaranteed to see plenty of platypus in the creek.

Sitting by our camp fire now after a nice steak and veggies, a couple of Coopers Sparkling before finishing off with a Jamesons whiskey. Then I'll be retiring back into the campervan where I'll make the most of that $17 fan heater bought from Target so that I don't suffer having my nuts frozen off as I did last night:)

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpeg
    IMG_0244.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0242.jpeg
    IMG_0242.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
It's hilarious watching Australians trying to blame everything from the economy to inflation on why our tourism sector is sinking into oblivion. While people like our own Hademall are doing the honorable thing, the overwhelming majority of 'Aussies' are opting for overseas holidays. Likewise, overseas tourists would rather go to the US, Asia, or Europe than come here. I don't blame them, quite frankly. Our museums and art galleries are boring. They're filled with 3rd tier European garbage instead of Aboriginal artefacts, art & history, or the thousands of unique species you can only find here. What could a visitor to Australia possibly see in Sydney or Melbourne museum that isn't available in spades overseas? Not much, to be honest.
These things don't come about haphazardly, either. Often they're the direct result of conservative idiocy to protect our English ancestry & archaic beliefs and culture. Heaven forbid our children should study an arts degree, because we all know they're "useless". Forget that they might actually teach someone to expand their mind beyond dollars & cents.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
It's hilarious watching Australians trying to blame everything from the economy to inflation on why our tourism sector is sinking into oblivion. While people like our own Hademall are doing the honorable thing, the overwhelming majority of 'Aussies' are opting for overseas holidays. Likewise, overseas tourists would rather go to the US, Asia, or Europe rather than come here. I don't blame them, quite frankly. Our museums and art galleries are boring. They're filled with 3rd tier European garbage instead of Aboriginal artefacts, art & history, or the thousands of unique species you can only find here. What could a visitor to Australia possibly see in Sydney or Melbourne museum that isn't available in spades overseas? Not much, to be honest.
These things don't come about haphazardly, either. Often they're the direct result of conservative idiocy to protect our English ancestry & archaic beliefs and culture. Heaven forbid our children should study an arts degree, because we all know they're "useless". Forget that they might actually teach someone to expand their mind beyond dollars & cents.
**** me I love how the conservatives are destroying everything according to you.

How is wanting to experience a different culture not honourable?

The Melbourne Museum has a massive section dedicated for first nations peoples along with another section dedicated to the peoples of the pacific. They also frequently have additional exhibits/shows covering first nations peoples. We go to the museum on average once a quarter (school holidays) and they always have something new on regarding first nations peoples.

Sounds like you're just as bad and ill informed as those you sook about.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It's hilarious watching Australians trying to blame everything from the economy to inflation on why our tourism sector is sinking into oblivion. While people like our own Hademall are doing the honorable thing, the overwhelming majority of 'Aussies' are opting for overseas holidays. Likewise, overseas tourists would rather go to the US, Asia, or Europe rather than come here. I don't blame them, quite frankly. Our museums and art galleries are boring. They're filled with 3rd tier European garbage instead of Aboriginal artefacts, art & history, or the thousands of unique species you can only find here. What could a visitor to Australia possibly see in Sydney or Melbourne museum that isn't available in spades overseas? Not much, to be honest.

**** me I love how the conservatives are destroying everything according to you.

How is wanting to experience a different culture not honourable?

The Melbourne Museum has a massive section dedicated for first nations peoples along with another section dedicated to the peoples of the pacific. They also frequently have additional exhibits/shows covering first nations peoples. We go to the museum on average once a quarter (school holidays) and they always have something new on regarding first nations peoples.

Sounds like you're just as bad and ill informed as those you sook about.

The WA Museaum (Boola Bardip) contains extensive aboriginal material.....even has an aboriginal name.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The WA Museaum (Boola Bardip) contains extensive aboriginal material.....even has an aboriginal name.
And don't ignorant conservatives hate that it has an Aboriginal name. According to them, it should be called "Alan Bond", or "Christopher Skase" museum, after bankrupted crooks.
We now have second generation "Australians" who exhibit the same prejudice their very own parents faced when arriving in this country from Europe & Asia. Even worse, you can't point out this hypocrisy because they don't want to know. This, for want of a better word, is called ignorance.
To be clear, prejudice not racism, results in division & hate. As a country/society, we cannot move forward as long as this prejudicial mindset, made all too clear by the 'Voice to parliament' referendum, exists.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
And don't ignorant conservatives hate that it has an Aboriginal name. According to them, it should be called "Alan Bond", or "Christopher Skase" museum, after bankrupted crooks.
We now have second generation "Australians" who exhibit the same prejudice their very own parents faced when arriving in this country from Europe & Asia. Even worse, you can't point out this hypocrisy because they don't want to know. This, for want of a better word, is called ignorance.
To be clear, prejudice not racism, results in division & hate. As a country/society, we cannot move forward as long as this prejudicial mindset, made all too clear by the 'Voice to parliament' referendum, exists.
I see more prejudice and hate from you than anyone. What a miserable life you must live, sad really.

I just looked up and can’t find a single negative argument or comment about the Boola Bardip museum. So, progressive **** talking again?

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What's wrong with jumping in the car and travelling through out of the way towns?

Majority of people can't be stuffed doing those things

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
And….on that note, we've just returned from Sheffield the town of murals. Lovely day, albeit chilly. After a much-needed coffee to warm us up, we took a wander around this years prize giving murals which are judged by the community, before a two-hour return walk along the Kimberly’s Lookout Tracks.
Tomorrow, we will be up bright and early to head down to New Norfolk, once home of the biggest mental asylum in Australia. ‘Willow Court’ a place I have frequented many times and have actually stayed in:)

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 22

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
What's wrong with jumping in the car and travelling through out of the way towns?

Majority of people can't be stuffed doing those things
I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in a car for hours on end on **** Australian roads with useless drivers.
He forgets we're not all unemployed with ample idle time.
I'd rather jump on a plane and go and experience another culture than travel 12 hours to see the *insert giant fibreglass eyesore*

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in a car for hours on end on **** Australian roads with useless drivers.
He forgets we're not all unemployed with ample idle time.
I'd rather jump on a plane and go an experience another culture than travel 12 hours to see the *insert giant fibreglass eyesore*

I love jumping behind the wheel and heading off out of town for the day....Beats dealing with idiots in surburbia, revving their snobboxes, running up and down the street with their singer sewing machines for motor bikes or listening to a neighbour talk that loud to his brother, I can barely hear myself think....

Yeah, get the morons on the country roads, but personally I don't care....I keep one eye on the road, the other in paddocks to see what's sitting round....And if there's a slow poke dawling along, it just gives me more time to suss out what's sitting in those empty paddocks....

And frankly, I deal with more useless drivers during the week going to and from work, that I do in a year of country driving