Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in a car for hours on end on **** Australian roads with useless drivers.
He forgets we're not all unemployed with ample idle time.
I'd rather jump on a plane and go and experience another culture than travel 12 hours to see the *insert giant fibreglass eyesore*
Another culture like Bali? Full of ugly Australians full of drugs or cheap brewed alcohol abusing locals and fighting in the streets at 4am. Jump on an aircraft full of the same ugly Australians (not all but a lot) making everybody else's life hell. Those same Australians pushing inline at the customs desk the n standing in front of everybody at the baggage belt blocking others.
No thanks I'd rather load up and drive to places in this great country of ours.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Another culture like Bali? Full of ugly Australians full of drugs or cheap brewed alcohol abusing locals and fighting in the streets at 4am. Jump on an aircraft full of the same ugly Australians (not all but a lot) making everybody else's life hell. Those same Australians pushing inline at the customs desk the n standing in front of everybody at the baggage belt blocking others.
No thanks I'd rather load up and drive to places in this great country of ours.
Never been to Bali for the reasons listed, looks like bogan heaven.
No appeal to me.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Never been to Bali for the reasons listed, looks like bogan heaven.
No appeal to me.
I first went in 1990 and again in 2010.

It had got worse over that time.

No intention of going back.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in a car for hours on end on **** Australian roads with useless drivers.
He forgets we're not all unemployed with ample idle time.
I'd rather jump on a plane and go and experience another culture than travel 12 hours to see the *insert giant fibreglass eyesore*
I enjoy driving around our big brown and red land, stopping at little places and talking to people. But I am not a grey nomad towing an expensive front garden ornament.
But agree that here is a limit to how far you can drive without getting bored by Mulga trees and rocks, with only a few road trains for excitement.

In the past, we have been lucky to be able to get a plane to distant places and experience a different culture, all without needing a passport. Something that most Australians do not do, and find hard to understand why we enjoy it.
But, it has now been 5 years since we have done anything like that .......... thanks COVID, airline BS, "cultural closures" and lawlessness in certain places which was not the problem that it seems to be now.

I am not as old as Keith Richards, but I am starting to feel it, and my allergy to being stuffed around is getting worse, so even a short trip overseas to Tasmania is "Fuggit, can't be bothered". ( Plus, I have to consider the effects of needlessly burning dinosaur juice is having on our planet :cool: )

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...l/news-story/a5079227e710aa314722cca11727983b

"
A failed asylum seeker whose deportation was blocked when do-gooder cabin crew refused to fly him home has pleaded guilty to raping a 15-year-old girl."

If every country you live in starts looking like the shithole you had to "flee" from, maybe the country isn't the problem...

*queue oldbombs progressive tears
Conservatives fault, he didn’t have the same employment opportunities as a white person. That’s why he did it.

IMG_3286.jpeg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I love it when immigrants start hammering on about how things are done better at home. Well, there is the door, go home....

When in Rome (or Aussie or NZ etc), do as the Romans do!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I went to the chemist yesterday to pick up and drop off a script. I wanted to wait for the new script but the wait was going to be over an hour. I said I will pick it up another day.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
We had our covid and flu booster shots yesterday. Both of us are feeling a bit off colour today. My temperature has fluctuated today from a low of 36.9 to 38.1. Wife is feeling a bit worse though from what I have read this is quite normal and can last a few days. Come on a few days.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
We took our darling wee (not so wee) girl to the vet today for her annual checkup and vacinations. As per normal she played up that is until we went into the surgery then she remembered where we were and tried to backpedal. However to no avail. $267 later.

She hurt her leg playing through the fence with next doors Great Dane. She might be a lot smaller than him but we daren't put them together as she would probably hurt him even though she only wants to play. We haven't been able to walk her until today. When it came to put her on the scales we got quite a shock. She has lost about 4 kg. Doesn't make sense.