Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

haydosbrah

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt sc14 charged
So i did this and it had heaps of codes come up so im not to sure really... starting to bug me alot... as it still wont start unless full throttle, but then ssometime randomly it will start perfect

haydosbrah

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt sc14 charged
I cant remember them all atm.
But no still not tuned, i want to get this out of the way first, itll start everytime i put full throttle..

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Sounds like it could be an IAC problem at first...

firebug454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
Hi guys,

I have an SC14 on a series 1 VN Buick V6 engine. The TB is behind the SC. The system is intercooled. I have a bypass valve (plumb back) installed just before the TB. At Idle the bypass is constantly releasing air, however when I rev the motor the released air just increases with the revs. I have adjusted the valve to what appears to be the maximum pressure but nothing changes. Do I have a faulty bypass valve (it's brand new) or is there another issue I'm overlooking?

Cheers Bill :)

firebug454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
Also the pump has what looks like a vacuum fitting on top of it. When the engine is running this fitting blows air from it. Should this be plumbed somewhere or be blocked off? I have read through the thread and any pictures showing this tube aren't telling the complete story...

Cheers Bill :)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Why don't you just run the TB in front of the charger as mentioned in the previous two pages worth of posts and ditch the valve?

You shouldn't be loosing air anywhere. Attach a gauge to it or block it off and see what happens.

firebug454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
I have run out of engine bay room to put the TB up in front. It would be extremely tight at the front left headlight. I have acquired a BOV today that has changeable springs. I will test a few springs and see what happens...

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
That's not how a blow off valve works.