Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I have just intercooled my car and put a 12psi pully on, it has s/c6 injectors 2bar and tune now i am pretty sure the 2bar is stuffed, i put it all on and it didnt want to start that well, and didnt idle either, the revs went up and down and code 33 came on (Map sensor) i took it for a drive but it didnt want to go anywhere it would only go a little bit when i cruised but when i accelerated a little bid it would die and sound like it was pinging missing and everything.

I called up a performance place to get another MAP sensor and they will get one in tuesday for $140 is this a good price i thought it wasnt to bad, also he said the MAP sensor was $120 and i will need a plug to and that will be $20 thats the first i heard of it i thought they just plugged into the normal loom, but will it still be ok?

I have a Vid recording of it, i will be putting it on youtube later and i will put up a link for those who want to see what is going on, if any1 has any info about why its doing it please drop a line.

Also i put the 1bar in to see, and it idle better, but wouldnt rev at all, I dont think it would be a Tune related thing because this is VNLukes old tune for his previous setup, so it has to be the MAP sensor i hope thats all thats wrong with it.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
autobarn do the 2bar sensor for $70 my mate over there bought one the other day they had it in stock even.if the plug isnt modified on the loom or you dont pull the old coloured block out the map sensor and fit it to the new one it wont plug in.is the 2 bar new or what that you have

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
autobarn do the 2bar sensor for $70 my mate over there bought one the other day they had it in stock even.if the plug isnt modified on the loom or you dont pull the old coloured block out the map sensor and fit it to the new one it wont plug in.is the 2 bar new or what that you have

I got the 2bar off Rob, the back plastic cover was off and i had to reseal it, but i am unsure if the sensor had worked or not, i dont know if Rob knows either, if he had it on his car i'm not to sure, but he has a haltech one now i think. i will be calling autobarn now lol, i didnt think they sold things like that.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Just called and they said they have a listing but cant find one or some crap, slackers they are up here, they gonna give me a call back monday, grr i need it now.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Damn lucky i didnt charge ya for that 2 bar aye eheh. Hope thats all that wrong. Spewing this wont be running for a few days but.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Damn lucky i didnt charge ya for that 2 bar aye eheh. Hope thats all that wrong. Spewing this wont be running for a few days but.

Lol yeah, i was thankfull for it eitherway haha, but yeah abit pissed that its not on the smaller pully, but on another note i put the blue tops on and the 4-5psi pully through the intercooler, seems to go good alot more top end i have noticed, but it does have lag not as responsive.

The wastegate still isnt hooked up, i still need flexy hose for that, maybe that will help with the lag and the jerking when cruising, also i put the BOV on, but that doesnt work at all haha i had to block off a hole on the pipes where a previous BOV went, but since the T/B move no need for it.

Well its raining here and when i first took it out, the rain stopped the roads where damp and i was doing about 80kph in 4th and gave it abit and it started to brake traction lol so that was abit hairy.

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
wait till you hear one in real life first LOL get chrrr to come round and turn it on for you LOL

I do hope to meet up with anyone local and swap some ****, when I finally get my engine back in. Still waiting for a mate to bring my engine hoist back, so I can throw it in. I am still poor, but I will definitely see you about one of your tunes as soon as I free up some ca$h Delco.... :beer chug:

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
can anyone tell me what oil is ment to be used for the sc14, made 10 phone calls and no one has a clue

Lot of guys I know use Castrol VMX80 on SC12s and SC14s with no probs, that's what I use....

If you want to be a little more pedantic, you can even buy Holden s/c oil :) Holden order part number 12345982. It's 120mL of supercharger oil and will cost roughly $31.00.

Want to be ripped off with genuine Toyota stuff that is probably the same as Holden s/c stuff, then be my guest, Toyota part# is 08885-80108. 50ml around $30.....

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Wastegate setup Problems.

i am using an external wastegate as a bypass valve, now i put it on to see what it was like just for a test dummy fit, and i think its got a 7pound spring in it, but the way i hooked it i am thinking if i was to up it at full throttle and 10psi, would push the spring back and i would be loosing boost, also the Vaccume isnt strong enough to open the valve.

So the other way i thought was hook it up the other way, on the side bit not the bottom where the valve sits, get a weaker spring for vaccume and it would bypass it, and when its on boost the spring will push it back and the boost would keep it shut also, but its just a pain in the arse because now i have to weld the bracket different because there would be issues with clearance for the bonnet, unless any1 else has any ideas on this setup thats how it would have to work, if it does that is..

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the only way i could see it working is plumbed in backwards with a weak as spring vacuam sucking it open boost holding it shut should work fine having it plumbed like a turbo system ide say never work needs to be backwards