Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
was talking to my brother, he races in off road buggys, he has a wrx engine sti turbo 19 pound boost, now he bought an intercooler roughly for about $1000 i think, and its a certain type that does not loose psi, i do not know if this counts for superchargers if they use the same intercoolers, and if you do not believe me i can get the type of intercooler he runs, but i know he does not muck around with cheap ****, an he said he loses no boost wat so ever, let me know thanks

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
any one got any decent tunes they would like to share for a buick?

ozspeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
hi guys i got tune off delcowizzid put it in yesterday started it up and sounds like it missin or samething, im runnin 4-6 psi and blue tops and 2 map bar. will not run over 2000rpm while trying to do a burn out(wht the car is build 4). Will i have to change the fuel sender or spark plugs

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
sorry just got home is the hose to the 2bar map sensor in the boost side of the charger ie in the inlet manifold of the engine not on the tb in front of the blower

ozspeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
hi fixed that now it will not idle started and runs good.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
might have to crack the idle screw open a tad they tend to surge at idle with TB in front revs will hunt a bit crack the screw and it should keep runnin g

ozspeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
thnks that worked and found out throttle cable just to short bye about 1/2 to 1mil short not helping. its still not great idlein when cold

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i can tweak it up a bit and send it over no worriesif you adjusted idle with it running turn it back off and reset the ecu and start it again and rev to 2000+ rpm to let the iac reset its 0 position so it knows where it is.but as said above they do struggle to idle straight with TB in front cause the map readings go up and down as the iac comes in and out sometimes the TB will suck open and shut as well or silicon joiners suck in and out as well

ozspeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
anyone know wht kickdown cable i can get to fit or sameone who makes them

preza

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 OBS
Hey, all. I drive a Subaru in the States and just recently picked up an SC14 s/c. I found this thread through google and have it bookmarked as a reference as I dig into my build. I have read/skimmed much of this thread, so sorry if I bring something up again that I missed. I was hopingsome of you might be able to help me with some questions as I get into this project:

* I got my s/c from a Toyota Previa. On the Toyotas, the s/c only came on when the ECU thought it was needed. For custom applications like you all have done, how well does the SC14 hold up when running full time? I'm just curious what the durability and life expectancy of these things is.

* The Toyota oil for the SC14 is not cheap. Have you run something from the auto parts store that has held up over time?

* Half the online forums I find about these supercharges has someone talking about the clutch pulley and how cool it is to have a supercharger that you can turn on and off with the flick of a switch, but I don't ever see people talking about actually running their cars that way. I would think your car would be "confused" by this, as a tune for s/c-on would cause issues wen the s/c was off and vice versa. Or do you tune to the middle, if that's even possible? (In the factory setup, the ECU adjusted more than just a clutch pully and bypass valve I assume.) Do any people actually run these superchargers with an on/off switch with success?