Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
992a is the safe bet, mine isnt far from the stock cam, Delco put a 222? in the VB V6 turbo. that is a custom grind, if you want to go that high the wade 1114a cam is 220 Duration @50

vnss_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
has anyone on here successfully set up a bypass valve with the throttlebody infront of the charger? lookin into setting it up on mine and would like to know peoples opinions from experince. im probably missing something obvious here but why cant you use the bosch bypass valve in these circumstances? i cant see why it wouldn't

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I tried a 38mm External wastegate and that was a fail the sucktion is to great for it to work, and a Bosch BOV i think your refering to is way to small and wont work.

I wouldnt put the throttle body before the charger if the boost is over 5-6psi, if you run it unintercooled its not as bad and its a shorter root into the manifold so it doesnt play up as much, but with the intercooler fitted it plays up alot more it sucks the silicon joins in.

If you get it tuned right it will be ok.

VNenvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5spd
i measured my pully on the sc14 and its 70mm lol wat sort of boost am i lookin at there

VNenvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5spd
hey every1 just wondering wat every1 did for there blow off valve pipeing ****.. cant explain it but ill show pics of wat i mean..
j7dmq1.jpg

muy1qx.jpg

i need 2 get new 1 as u can see its been blown apart. lol.. so yeh any info on wat you guys did would be good.. i dont really wanta do tha same thats there cuz it will just *** up again .

what sort of bypass/blowoff is that

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Anyone got an SC14 manifold they want to part with?

PM me

VP Comy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 3.8 V6
does ny1 no whr to source gd mounting brackets for sc14 on vp 93??

can ny1 help with mounts for a vp 3.8 v6 planning to put sc14 ??

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
PM sent mate.

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY soon to be boosted
Does anyone have any information or possibly photos on where they have routed their intercooler piping, I'm looking at reversing the manifold, then run the piping up beside the battery up to the reversed throttle entry, outlet would go down beside the pod filter but like I said any photos or easier tips on this would be much appreciated, thanks

Also wiring and mounting the coil pack with reversed manifold and intercooler, where and how

Also is there anyone in the Auckland OR NZ area that can tune my VY ecu OR..Aus who could also assist, I have ordered a tune from MACE for NA so I will have my original PCM that can be fiddled with, I also have an ALDL cable and the appropriate software to modify the BIN files and reflash the PCM (TunerPro and FlashTool is all I need from memory ), I just need some assistance here, unless someone can supply me with a base tune to run for the time being

Going to see a fabricator on Monday so I'll have a chat with him, any info you guys could supply me with would be great, thanks

Last edited:

menace2sobriety

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY soon to be boosted
What Belt does everyone use, is a l67 belt ok?

What tensioner pulley does everyone use for the Ecotecs ( the one between the alternator and supercharger ), do you just go to the wreckers and grab any old pulley?, has anyone got any close up shots of their belt configuration