Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
ok ill give this a go
umm theres heaps things youll need that ppl forget about like brackets belts sizes piping bov, new longer leads because you need to move coil pack youll need to upgrade the pulleys on front from soft aloy ones to steel ones all this comes in the kit from c/rod shop
it does work out the same price to build it all up propperly
i know ppl how have just bolted it on and wonder why its ****ed and slips and doesnt make any power
wreckers sell them about 400 bux stock form and youll need to clean it up and block off some holes and stuff
if you change the pullys youll need bearings made do not let anyone talk you into a modded pully if it doesnt have a bearing you will snap the shaft in 24 hrs trust me
if you boost it you will need bigger f/pump and injectors and a retune/remap
if you leave the clutch pully on you wont need a intercooler its a waste of time youll only make 3psi and cooler will take 1 away from ya so youll be 2 psi
good luck hope i can help

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I still have my brackets accessible to trace round i can post em tomorow if i do my injectors.

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Will be very excite if you could do this!!!

88cameron88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss twin turbo. 1jzgte
yes bracket information would be very helpful thankyou.
also could some1 advise what psi the pulley is on the sc14 standard adn what psi this equates to when put on vr commodore??
also what pulleys need to be changed on the engine as described above and why????
thanks guys

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
^^ Good question about the pulleys...
Just got an SC14 last night so need all
the info I can get my greasy little hands on!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I think the standard pulley (clutch switch controlled) is 3 psi. And the pulley on the s/c need to be changed to get different psi, also depending on how you run your intercooling piping. You may need to shift your extra idler pulley to suit. (The extra idler pulley is just a extra roller to pull the tension down to the s/c pulley). Ill post pics of stuff if you need pics.

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Pics would be awsome...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
P1000053.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I have heaps of pics before fitted (only half on atm) but i will have photos of the whole process. Yell out if you wanna see something sooner.