Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The study thread (highschool, tertiary all welcome)

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
loll yeahh, the ratio's still there hahaha, thats the best part of doin psych.

And is it sooooo bad to want to get personalised plates saying DRMIKE ? or maybe ... DRLOVE loll

I cant wait for summer! can not wait! those couple of warm days we had.. pwoaahhhh... so much for my thesis.. lol

VU is just an awesome awesome place to be haha

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Im in Psych Honours, wanting to get into Masters/Doctorate next year... 4 weeks until my thesis is due :) happy days

ah my thesis is due in 5 weeks. Can't wait till all this **** is over.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Associate Degree in Engineering. Still only my first year. What sucks the most is, being in a regional centre we have no real lectures/tutorials. We have a video conference with the lecturer for a single 3 hour block for each subject, covering lecture and tutorial in that time. Good luck trying to learn anything from it...
Due to work committments and the contract requirements, I'm only doing two subjects per sytudy period. Means in 7.5 years from now, I will have graduated! Oh joy

leevysv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
lucky bastards lol... we got jacked around for around 2 years with tafe.... because the course is now being shunted they decided to help us finish it instead of cancelling classes after 2 weeks... so if i can actually finish with two cert 2's by dec 11.... however.... if i want to continue i have to go to regency and instead of being at cert4 where i have subjects ive already finished i move to cert 3 and study diploma level stuff work that out lol.

nah i think next year i qualify for mature age entry to uni (age 21) cos i didnt get a ter when i got my sace.... so thinking of hitting up uni next year for something..... dont know what yet tho i dont know what to do with my life.

I hear the law divison at UniSA have the most whack parties.

I go to Regency TAFE and we have been jacked around for the whole year so far. Our course is ending and they doubled our work load in some subject to get them done b4 three lecturers retired today... 10 subjects at a time is way too many, especially when 3 of them are at double pace...

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i did an advanced diploma of computer science at tafe, found it pretty easy, also found out that my 2 year course earned me 1.5 years credit on bachelor of computing at swinburne. currently doing that. i don't really rate uni, they give you some shitty lecture notes, bullshit assignments, and most of your time is spent on google working out how to do it. i'm paying $4000 a semester to learn **** off google :). if i wanted to do this, all i needed was the topic, and i could have learnt it for free. at least i get a nice piece of paper at the end of it though that's worth $12,000.

tafe was much better because they actually teach you there. and it only cost $1000 a year. much better value for money.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
i did an advanced diploma of computer science at tafe, found it pretty easy, also found out that my 2 year course earned me 1.5 years credit on bachelor of computing at swinburne. currently doing that. i don't really rate uni, they give you some shitty lecture notes, bullshit assignments, and most of your time is spent on google working out how to do it. i'm paying $4000 a semester to learn **** off google :). if i wanted to do this, all i needed was the topic, and i could have learnt it for free. at least i get a nice piece of paper at the end of it though that's worth $12,000.

tafe was much better because they actually teach you there. and it only cost $1000 a year. much better value for money.

Completely agree with you there ;)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5

You had a very different uni experience to me then. I got heaps out of it. There were bits that sucked pretty hard but in general i came out with what i went in to get.
Not sure that google was ever my first point of call... but i wasn't about to risk using bs info either so i found what i was after in journals most of the time.
Guess it depends on what you want out of it. I also had good practical sessions and even though most of it was rounds based (teaching) i majored in aquatic science/marine biology which kept it interesting at least.

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Yep, I have to agree, my uni experience was also positive. I worked bloody hard and got a lot out of it. It helpped that the uni was one of the Major engineering unis in Aus.

As for google, well... that didn't really exist in '94

Mike

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
You had a very different uni experience to me then. I got heaps out of it. There were bits that sucked pretty hard but in general i came out with what i went in to get.
Not sure that google was ever my first point of call... but i wasn't about to risk using bs info either so i found what i was after in journals most of the time.
Guess it depends on what you want out of it. I also had good practical sessions and even though most of it was rounds based (teaching) i majored in aquatic science/marine biology which kept it interesting at least.

How long ago did you go to uni?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
finished nearly 4 years ago. 4 year course.