Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The theory of Police cars

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
lol most of the tossers in high power v8s etc that would **** all over any police car simply can't handle them anyway and would wrap themselves around a powerpole in a chase, I think being trained at driving fast even in a slower car is a pretty good asset.
Julie I think your correct, I have seen so many go sideways on the throttle and nearly clean up an oncoming car.
Don't own a V8 but sometimes I wonder.
Dont forget the skylines and wrx's ect (but most of them are owned by peeps who can afford a $40,000.00 car)

Dan

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Arent all hwp V8s??? I thought the only HWP 6 cylinders were the VL turbos while at the time were much quicker then the v8 hwps in its time.

Nope, over here, XR6T's, Evo X's etc.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
umm funny thing was when we did the track day last year our instructor, a V8 Racing Ute driver (Gary Baxter, #3 SAGE VE race ute) was shitting all over cars like Clubsports, Maloo's and even twin turbo Toyota Soarers in his rental ASTRA around Oran Park.

The point was proven, you can have a car that has 5 times the power of the Astra, but if you dont know how to drive it its pointless. Sure, down the straight the 8's would eventually pull away because of the extra torque and power, but into corners if you weren't putting the power down properly the Astra become a weapon.

But yeh these days good luck, HWP cars now instantly record number plates with the detection systems and they'll just wait for you at home.

If the cars regos dodgey or whatever you can run, but only so far. Theres more ways to catch a crim then "go as fast as you can and keep up". As mentioned at the same time they don't really want to be pulling a dead carcass from a car that's wrapped around a pole.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I was watching this show the other day about Bonnie and Clyde, well they say Bonnie and Clyde managed to escape so many times because basically they stole the best V8 they could find, and the Ford V8 was Bonnie's favourite and would beat the outdated police 6's of the day every time.

So on to todays Police cars, which are mostly 6 cylinders, VE and a few V8 but mostly VE 6's.
So are these cars fast or somthing or is there another element to stop crime here I am missing..do these cars keep up with V8's, Skylines and the likes?

or do they use some othe plan of defense?
what is the theory behind the use of a six cylinder Police car?

Dan

HWY Patrol are mostly V8.

The others card don't need to be because they don't engage in pursuits in urban areas so there isn't an outcry every time some retard hero wraps his car around a pole while trying to escape the police.

As someone already said, radios and choppers are the pursuit tools of today.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
and once they end up over 140km i think it is the chase is called off from what im told,

Last edited:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
and once they end up over 140km i think it is the chase is called off from what im told, although i was chased after being clocked doing 160km then through side streets at at least 70km down side streets in a ve it struggled to keep up with a VN so just depends on the driver ;)

A chase is called off when it is considered dangerous, not when it reaches a set speed.

I trust you have a good flame suit on. I think you will need it.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
and once they end up over 140km i think it is the chase is called off from what im told, although i was chased after being clocked doing 160km then through side streets at at least 70km down side streets in a ve it struggled to keep up with a VN so just depends on the driver ;)

Obviously you werent quick enough because you lost your license. Enjoy the bus failtard.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
A chase is called off when it is considered dangerous, not when it reaches a set speed.

I trust you have a good flame suit on. I think you will need it.

Yeah it depends on the copper behind the wheel, atleast here anyway. Coppers have speed limits. Everyday beat cop can go up to X speed, I think it was 120 from memory. From there theres 2 or 3 different ranks so to speak. The top rank can go whatever speed they like untill they deem it unsafe, or the guys on the radio deem it unsafe.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
hmmm, i no it was a stupid thing to do what i did not really proud of it but thats just experience with the cops and them speeding that i have had