Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Thread for Those That Have Left Us Before Their Time Was Up (the trolls)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
To keep a forum active, you need intelligent posters who can clearly explain or outline an idea, who really know what they are talking about when it comes to helping others with technical problems, a few trolls to keep the humour alive and INTERESTING TOPICS to discuss.

Things like "What are you listening to now?" and "What brand of potato chips do you like" - really? what sort of crap is that?

The political thread is a good discussion area but it seems to have died a bit lately because the left supporters are swamped by the right every time they post. A good balance is essential to intelligent conversation too. Hmm...intelligent conversation...something that seems to be beyond a proportion of forum members unfortunately. It's a pity in that thread because there is still so much which could be "debated".

The thread regarding what's wrong with the world today is a good one for discussion but it seems to digress into unrelated rubbish too easily.

If you want this forum to live, contribute worthwhile topics, add intelligent opinions and accept that we are all different and our views can be strongly opposed. And to some here particularly, stop assuming that you are the font of all knowledge and accept that others may just know a bit more about certain topics than you do. (This final point will be absolutely impossible for one or two regular posters.:bang:)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
To keep a forum active, you need intelligent posters who can clearly explain or outline an idea, who really know what they are talking about when it comes to helping others with technical problems, a few trolls to keep the humour alive and INTERESTING TOPICS to discuss.

Things like "What are you listening to now?" and "What brand of potato chips do you like" - really? what sort of crap is that?

The political thread is a good discussion area but it seems to have died a bit lately because the left supporters are swamped by the right every time they post. A good balance is essential to intelligent conversation too. Hmm...intelligent conversation...something that seems to be beyond a proportion of forum members unfortunately. It's a pity in that thread because there is still so much which could be "debated".

The thread regarding what's wrong with the world today is a good one for discussion but it seems to digress into unrelated rubbish too easily.

If you want this forum to live, contribute worthwhile topics, add intelligent opinions and accept that we are all different and our views can be strongly opposed. And to some here particularly, stop assuming that you are the font of all knowledge and accept that others may just know a bit more about certain topics than you do. (This final point will be absolutely impossible for one or two regular posters.:bang:)

Case in point the Arnott's Shapes thread , really ?????:banstick:

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
there is still so much which could be "debated".

Sadly you can't debate with the leftards. They're just too stupid and can't see reason. Zero common sense.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

I think of forums and the threads they contain as being no different to actual, real conversations that happen all day, every day, every where around the world.

The conversation starts on a particular point or topic then progresses to deviate and meander around all over the place until you get to the end of the conversation where that end point has no relevance or bearing on the original start point, just like threads.

Next time you have a real conversation with someone, have a look back over it at the end and see what ground you have traversed.

There are many times I find myself thinking, how the hell did we get to here ?

The joys of human interaction.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Sadly you can't debate with the leftards. They're just too stupid and can't see reason. Zero common sense.

Some would say something similar about the righties (who aren't right as often as they think).

personally, defining politics as either "left" or "right" really dumb it down to much. I agree with policies of both the left and the right but quiet frankly don't particularly care to vote for either major political party. To me it's more a case of which will do the least damage to my country.......

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think of forums and the threads they contain as being no different to actual, real conversations that happen all day, every day, every where around the world.

The conversation starts on a particular point or topic then progresses to deviate and meander around all over the place until you get to the end of the conversation where that end point has no relevance or bearing on the original start point, just like threads.

Next time you have a real conversation with someone, have a look back over it at the end and see what ground you have traversed.

There are many times I find myself thinking, how the hell did we get to here ?

The joys of human interaction.

sometimes ending up on gun control laws .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
back on topic , Dakster has been absent for a while , last I heard from him was his health had taken a downward turn .

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
back on topic , Dakster has been absent for a while , last I heard from him was his health had taken a downward turn .

Dakster is fine. He's on another forum and no longer has a Holden I believe. He's moved down to Victoria now with a new lady and seems to pretty happy.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dakster is fine. He's on another forum and no longer has a Holden I believe. He's moved down to Victoria now with a new lady and seems to pretty happy.

That is good to hear, I had some good banter with Dakster .