Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the twin turbo v6?

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
i dont know if any of you remember but a couple of years back Wheels mag had a scoop on what the VF could look like. that wasnt the important bit there was talks of a twin turbo 6. ( which holden build as a 3.6 and a 2.8) which could be rated up to 235KW. has anyone heard nay more would be neat to see.

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
there has always been hearsay about a twin turbo 3.6 ever since before the engine plant was ever built

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
The engine plant has built a few different configurations of Single turbo V6, and it's capable of making a TTV6 but I find it hard to see it happening. Holden would rather put their eggs in the fuel economy basket rather than fitting out the line to pump out small volume performance turbo engines when they can buy a 6L V8 from the parent company for less. I guess if the VF sales are huge in the coming years it could be back on the table but I wouldn't hold my breath

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Have it from a reputable source that there's a turbo V6 coming out. He said a 2lt V6 turbo. Not sure if he meant for the Omega's or for the whole range of 6's. Hopefully the SV6's get something abit bigger!

$1000 bet that their will be a new V6 commo turbo? :p

Still waiting.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
This is an area where Holden has barely improved NA v8s are great but FI v6s are just as good if not better.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
i dont know if any of you remember but a couple of years back Wheels mag had a scoop on what the VF could look like. that wasnt the important bit there was talks of a twin turbo 6. ( which holden build as a 3.6 and a 2.8) which could be rated up to 235KW. has anyone heard nay more would be neat to see.

will not happen ! ever !

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
The engine that you are referring to is the LF3. The LF3 is a twin turbo, direct injection, 3.6L V6, it's basically the LFX twin turbocharged. It will be in the 2014 Camaro and reportedly produces 420 horsepower(313kw). Nothing has been mentioned about it's possible future in the Australian market, but in my opinion it could be in Holden's best interested to release something to compete with the XR6T.

There is a smaller 3.0L engine(LFW platform) that will be GM's answer to the Ford EcoBoost.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
The engine that you are referring to is the LF3. The LF3 is a twin turbo, direct injection, 3.6L V6, it's basically the LFX twin turbocharged. It will be in the 2014 Camaro and reportedly produces 420 horsepower(313kw). Nothing has been mentioned about it's possible future in the Australian market, but in my opinion it could be in Holden's best interested to release something to compete with the XR6T.

There is a smaller 3.0L engine(LFW platform) that will be GM's answer to the Ford EcoBoost.

i am pretty sure there is a 3.2 TT as well so that can be the SV6TT and the LF3 can be a new XU6...