Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
The ecu I replaced due to it being faulty, so I replaced it with a standard ecu. After market ecus show more tuning capabilities, and to tune it at more intervals I believe, such as in a very basic way, instead of tuning points of air fuel ratios at every 100rpm, tune at every single rpm to create a smoother tuning pattern? Someone else would know more about this than me, my knowledge on tuning is very basic. Also more ability to tune camshaft positions for vvt etc.

MorganVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hmmm interesting to take a look at this sticky thread again. Been terribly busy for the past several months, no time for my car at all... I'm thinking the main performance-killer for the V6 Alloytec is the extremely high gear ratios of the 4-speed gearbox... I mean come on flat out and in 1st gear till 80km/h till the next gear?! I'm sure acceleration would be greatly improved just by lowering the gear ratios... how much would that cost?
Mine only goes to 60 i think :hmmm:

Bundybear69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 turbo
hello all, just thought i'd list the bits and pieces i've done to my alloytec ute.

proflow turbo kit
custom exhaust
twin fuel pump with surge and braided lines(twin 044)
snow water meth injection
relocation of battery
new diff with 3.46 gears and harrop sport cover
pbr pk1 brake kit
craigs davies tranny cooler 10" with thermo fan
new built auto from craigs autos with 2800 stall
cpr6 manifold
haltech ps2000 ecu
turbosmart fuel pressure reg fpr800
bigger injectors
tial 38mm water cooled wastegate
turbosmart e-boost 2
mace manifold insulator

it will shortly go into be tuned and am hoping for a respectable power figure. to those looking to go down this path of a turbo install be aware it is expensive
and that takes into consideration the fact the majority of components were fitted by myself.
will post some pics soon.

Bundybear69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 turbo
photo's of ute

dump and turbo.jpgute.jpg

joni007

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais turbo
The most important thing about VXs is that in this 4 drive you will get a room between the harmonic balancer and the radiator fan, so you dont't have to pull the radiator and stuff off to get to it with a puller. You just have to pull your intake pipe and MAF off so you've got room to get down the front of the engine bay....

vx

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
The most important thing about VXs is that in this 4 drive you will get a room between the harmonic balancer and the radiator fan, so you dont't have to pull the radiator and stuff off to get to it with a puller. You just have to pull your intake pipe and MAF off so you've got room to get down the front of the engine bay....

vx

ummm wtf???