Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
with the cpr6 i canot be certain but i spoke to the owner about this and he dident know so i did some research and i belive that the cpr6 should work with the sidi in the 3.6 only performancemanifolds might have tested this by now im not sure im not going to find out as i decided not to buy an alloytec

No it's not compatible according to performance manifolds. Last I heard they were trailing a SIDI version.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
No it's not compatible according to performance manifolds. Last I heard they were trailing a SIDI version.

oh ok well i spoke to them early this year and he hadent had a chance to look at an sidi car

but i do know the sidi in 3.6 is very simalar to the alloytec but the 3.0 has a differnt intake setup

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I doubt they'd really even bother with the 3.0l, who seriously contemplates engine mods on one of those when the 3.6l is just so much easier to work on.

Greesie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
As for the underdrive pulley:

Yes essentially it drives your alternator, water pump, a/c, power steering etc 20% less.

By reducing the power used to run these things, more is freed up to be used at your wheels.

I was worried to begin with, that driving these less might be noticeable somewhere, but it isn't, steering feels exactly the same, no electrical or voltage problems (checked with multimeter too, difference is next to nothing), no overheating or temperature related problems, and as for the a/c, I haven't timed the difference it takes to defog the windscreen, but it still seems as though it hasn't changed at all.

Which makes sense, think about it... When your driving, you're between 1500- 6000+ rpm, that's a huge variance in drive speed already.
reducing that by 20% even at 1500 rpm, basically means ur only running the accessories at 1200 rpm... Which is still well above idle and more than enough to drive everything...

thanks mate, that does make sense to me too good thinkin

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
Just starting out

So just to clarify here I have a bone stock vz ute exec. I am looking at replacing my exhaust from the headers back with pacemakers into 200cpi cats and onto a 2.5" stainless pipe with two mufflers as u have been told that if I opt for only one mufflers these can sound a bit like a wet fart? Also looking to go OTR or with the mace relplacement cai unit I can pik on of these up for $250 through my nephew, what do you guys think is this a good place to start and should I go OTR or with the mace?

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
Ad removal

Here's one for everyone how the he'll do I get rid of these stupid ads that appear in my posts? Little help anyone

wish_i_had_an_8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
if anyone is interested in some cheep performance bits i have a cpr6 intake manifold, underdrive pulley, k&n airfilter and 2,1/4 twin cat back exhaust system all for sale. pm me for details

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
An Underdriven pully is useless, has plenty of downsides, and doesn't give any noticeable difference. As for the CPR6 manifold you only get 20 extra hp at 6000rpm, which you start to feel from 5000, and it costs $1600. So basically, a complete waste of money.

wish_i_had_an_8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
who is this guy... CRUSTIN, can you honestly say you have ever even been in a car with a cpr6 intake manifold? and whare do u get "which you start to feel from 5000" from? i found that the cpr6 manifold gave more of a differance in power then my full exhaust sustem did and many people spend more on an exhaust system then a cpr6 manifold. and there is little to no downsides to an underdrive pully, yess all your accesories spin slower, but from my first hand experiance with the 20% underdrive puly everything in my car worked exactly the same but my car had more power.