Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The VU Ute

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Utes got lsd so they can all do Ute Muster/B & S Balls

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Been detailing the Ute, took the seat covers off to find a nasty hole in the drivers seat.
Looked around for one the same, ended up going to the wreckers and paid $80 for a Seat Top that matches mine.
Really needs another base of the seat but for now it will do lol.

seat.jpg

seattop.jpg

H

harrop.senator

Is that a little tear down the bottom or a hand stitch repair?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Scored a Hard Lid today for the Ute, came with Struts, Front Female Brackets, Front Corner Mounts and Lock Brackets.... no keys though, but for $250 can't complain. The clear is coming off in spots, apart from that it's perfect condition.

Had a spare set of Spark Plugs here so i changed them over, wow first flick of the key and it starts on cold start.

hardlid.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Got the rego on the Ute Yesterday, to wet to do anything so i left it till today....
First Real Drive.... a few grids from bearings or something but went away quickly, must of been dry from sitting for a few yrs... Still has a noise but not sure on what it is atm
Got the ABS Light checked, m8 has a fancy machine with little devise he plugged in and over to the computer for results.. ABS Unit is playing up, so im up for a second hand one of those.
Apart from that it drove quite nice, getting used to a manual again is a bit of a challenge lol

ute.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Found this YouTube Clip on the VU by Brocky
He talks about the Base, S and SS Models

Mine doesn't have the S/SS Front Bar with fog Lights or Switch on dash for them. Seems it was an Option in the package when they came out. But it is marked 7BB meaning S with Aircon.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Back to the seat...
Picked up a VU interior for $50 about 1hr away from me, came with Rear Seats and Front Seats that match my trim. Didn't want the Rear but he said take them as he needs the space...
The material is in good cond but again the foam is sad so i have an idea...

Cut the 2 bases down the middle and join the good pair to make 1 good foam seat...
Came across an Upholstery guy up the road from me, he did just that, cut it down the middle added some support foam and glued the cover on all for the price of $10, yes ten dollars lol.

base2.jpg

I didn't take a pic of him doing it, only have the left overs to show what he did...

base1.jpg

Finished Product, i have not fitted it back in the ute yet, tomorrow...

base3.jpg