Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The VZ Calais

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Love the shape of VZ Calais. Where are those pics taken? Looks familiar, just can't place where it is.

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Yeah there a fantastic design, same with the VE's
Olivers hill. Frankston foreshore. :)

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
thanks mate, well I was going to get a turismo blue sv6 for 11,500 with 100thousand k but the guy sold it the day I wanted to actually buy it.

Does anyone know what good exhuast to get? I have had exhausts on my 2 previous holdens but they where a vt and vx. I was looking at...
TWIN 2.5" CAT BACK SPORTS EXHAUST VT VX VY VZ HOLDEN | eBay
or
XFORCE TWIN 2.5" CAT BACK EXHAUST VT VX VY VZ HOLDEN | eBay
or
REDBACK TWIN 2.5" CAT BACK EXHAUST VT VX VY VZ HOLDEN | eBay

then after that ill eventually by a induction kit. any suggestions on a good sounding exhuast though guys? Dont want 2 pennies in a tin can.

05-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I've got the twin 2.5" Super Cat on my SS, I'm pretty happy with the quality and sound. If I were you I'd go for Super Cat or Redback and get some chrome tips welded on.

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
great price man, with those kms
only thing i can think of to do would be lower it

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
thanks mate, I might lower it later down the track, not too fussed at the moment I just want to get an exhaust and air induction :)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
sweet car man, i"ve been lookin around for a decent set of SSV's for my s pac for ages, looks clean. it looks like it sits at a nice height atm so like you said I wouldn't stress too much about lowering it yet. as for the exhaust...calais are classy...droney exhausts on v6's aren't...just my opinion

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Thanks for that mate good input. It sits flush with the tyres so I sort of like it and plus my vx was sacked and it was unconformable and worrying to drive because I didnt want to get defected. Yeah I hate most of the v6 exhausts but because its the 190kw I was sort of hoping it would sound a little bit better with a tune, I'll give it a go and if I dont like it ill just sell it.
Only because its nice to think their is power there lol.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
good stuff, my mate has an SV6 with an exhaust and tune and it droned, drives him nuts, only gets the sweet notes when hes smashing the foot through the floor...and thats why hes lost about 20 demerit points in total, its up to you but personally I wouldn't.