Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The VZ Calais

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
lol, yeah I dont plan on loosing any points anytime soon. Im keen to try an exhaust out though. cheers man

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Is there no exhaust for the 190KW SV6 that sounds decent for an auto without droning?

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
On my ute it was the 175 I had a 2.5inch single with a small rear muffler, didn't drone much an sounded good

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
On my ute it was the 175 I had a 2.5inch single with a small rear muffler, didn't drone much an sounded good
haha I like how you have "much" in there, im sure ur car was ur baby whitesack and im not targeting you in particular here but...from what I"ve seen/heard over the years...I"ve never really found a V6 with a good note that has no drone...if you want that deep burble n rumble...you need a V8 and im not usually the guy that would say get a V8 because I'm all about not spending 120 bucks a week on petrol, but if you are chasing performance..save ur pennies until you are done with this then just unload on something with a bigger engine or turbo'd.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
It did drone an my v8 drones a lot if you sit in the back, didn't effect me in the ute cause it was a ute, it sounded ok for a 6 bit I regret buying it, worthless having a nice car with a 6 in it

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
When my transmission was good having the v6 was not an issue nice power and cost in fuel, considering to as I had a 4 cyclinder with crap all power for 4 years it was a worthy upgrade.

All I want now apart from my transmission fixed is a decent note of some degree not loud and such.

Currently the transmission can be heard much more than the engine or exhaust.

----
Sent from Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ciddyau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
With the paddle shifts, if you have an exhaust would changing down gear give it that drone noise?
It did a bit in my vx with the 1,2 and 3 when I used it on hills.