Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The "Which speakers should i buy" thread

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
Give me some feed back but what do people think of Soundstream ?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Used to make some good stuff, new stuff not as good.. What are you looking at specifically?

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
went to autobarn noarlunga not long ago, scored for $400 or there abouts, 2 fly 6.5 inch cross overs for the front doors (pink unfortunately as silver was out :/ ) fly 6x9 for the shelf an option audio digital amp and a huge gauge wire kit :) private sale i scored a clarion tv/dvd player (single din) and its DOPE best $500 i ever spent was a fun day too, just got to sort out a sub and a pair of rear door speakers for fun :)

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
bit late but i bought turantula splits and 6x9 splits lil wonder amp 1700 and R1 reference sub all thumbs up good quality instead of quantity so its very clear even when its pumpin soundstream thumbs up and pioneer HU are excellent to both ones i have stream music perfectly

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz

Redbull40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
Hi Guys, looking for some help choosing an Amp and door speakers for my VY Wagon.

I live on Kangaroo Island, South Australia, and cant follow the Golden Rule - "Let your ears do the buying!"
We dont have any Car Audio shops here. :eek:
A day trip to Adelaide will cost $250+ (which I would rather put towards the cost of the speakers/amp) lol

I use the cargo area in my wagon for work so unfortunately I dont intend on getting a Subwoofer.
I also dont intend on doing anything with the rear door speakers.

last year i replaced the stock head unit with: Kenwood DPX-U6120

With no sub, i was wondering what front door speakers and amp you guys would suggest?
Being over the top loud is not my goal, just to sound really clear and have some half decent bass.
My budget is not big - approx $600 - $700
any suggestions appreciated :)

cheekycowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 sv8 vy 2005 vz sv6 crewman
hey mate, im lovin my new polk splits at the moment, beautifuly clear, they lack a lil on the base( that could just be the way im runnin them) but they are super clear an decently loud. a lil pricie though but i would definitly buy them again. just my thoughts :)

Redbull40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
Hiya Cheeky
Which model polk's? and how pricey exactly? :)
Was looking online at some JBL MS-62C 6.5" splits 80W RMS( have read good reviews on these) $295
With a Response Precision 2 x 150W RMS Class AB Amplifier $150
connected with Aerpro MX208 8-Gauge 2 channel 600W (2 x 130W RMS) installation kit $45
And maybe some Dynamat extreme sound deadening for the doors - $180
all prices inc postage
any thoughts?
any of these, you would change/not use/know of better options?
all opinions most welcome :)

slippergypsy221

Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY S
im actually just curious about the best places to buy car audio stuff, also i have a lot of connections of pople selling amps and subs and etc for cheaper than ebay would per say, but i dont really know what to look for damage or wear wise, so some help there would be good

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Hey all, so, as the thread states; Which speakers should I buy?

1. http://www.supercheapeverything.com/pioneer-ts-a1605c-350-watt-6-5-splits-component-speaker-system/

2. http://www.supercheapeverything.com/pioneer-ts-d1720c-6-5-car-speakers/

3. http://www.supercheapeverything.com/kenwood-kfc-604p-6-5-270-w-splits-component-speaker-system/

or

4. http://www.supercheapeverything.com/clarion-srq-1622s-350w-2-way-6-component-splits-speaker-system/

I'll be really honest and state the obvious - I'm not very good with speakers, car audio gear ETC in the specs department, i'm pretty sure i'd be able to judge from which one you all choose as to which rears I'll choose,

Thanks all!

VZ Lumina