Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The "Which speakers should i buy" thread

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Just wondering if anyone is using these speakers and if they are any good . Pioneer TSD1602R 6 inch 2 way speakers. Thanks

ivyssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ivy ssv
should I go with 2or 3way coaxial speakers in the front doors of my commodore or components

ivyssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ivy ssv
sweet thanks mate

ivyssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ivy ssv
Put quality components in the front doors. It will sound clearer for vocals etc.
do you think it would be worse or better if I use 2way coaxial and a separate tweeter in the front doors??

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
do you think it would be worse or better if I use 2way coaxial and a separate tweeter in the front doors??
What is the 2way doing? Lows and mids, then tweet for highs?
Or full range 2ways and tweet for high? How is that wired and is that dividing your signal to the highs?
Remember that the factory front speaker position is blowing straight into your feet and anything else on your floor. Lots of high frequency waves will get absorbed up before you get a chance to hear them.

VEfun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Just waiting for my upgrade stereo for my 06 VE atm. This thread was very helpful. I've put in a couple of headunits/speaker upgrades in the past but on much older cars so I've tried to keep my build simple. Originally I started off looking at a sub and amp addon, then decided the most important part was the front split speaker upgrade as I have kids in the car freqently. What do people think of Fusion? What you can find is VERY cheap atm..

Fusion High level input to RCA @$15
Fusion Black Edition En-cm652 6" 240w 2 Way Component Split Speakers @$45
Fusion Black Edition En-sw122 12" 1000w Subwoofer @$50
Fusion Performance Series Pf-8003d 2400w Car Audio 3 Channel 2 Channel + Mono @$149

After a 20% special code and some little rebate discounts all of the above was actually $240.00 delivered. Any advice/extras I need? Hope it all sounds good!

Jonarus_Drakus

Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina
How much, if at all, does it matter to keep an entire install to a single brand? And if I do go for a full single-brand install, is there any brand that is better across the board (Doesn't have to be top-end on everything, just consistently decent in ALL aspects)?

~JD

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Pending on what you want, if you want base without a sub then I would go for 7x10 Kenwood hooked up with a amp, they go all right for bass, and a nice set of high end splits in kickers or pioneer up front.

If your wanting a sub then stick with some 6.5 inch 2 way speakers that have a good crisp high end and splits up front, it all depends on price and your choice of sound your going for, stay away from Sony and fusion, I prefer kickers or pioneer, price are very good on ebay or wait for a sale.

Last edited:

MrVR263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore ute
There are alot of ways to upgrade new car stereo systems sound. Quality sound deadening in front and rear doors if rear door have speakers. Outer door skin in a heavy duty and inner door frame such as ACW heavy duty sound barrier. Then a speaker ring kit by ACW. Entry level splits up front and coaxial in the rear. And a kicker 180.4 key smart amp with self tuning dsp to bring your system to life with out big amps and wiring and if space is a problem then a hide away kicker sub with bass controller will give you a great sounding system. Check out Stylyn Car Audio for ACW sound deadening and a range of products.