Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

There was an almighty KABOOM in my SV6 engine( ecotech)

Sallianne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6 My 10
i just wonder how hard it would be to get an LLT motor new ....and what would be a reasonable price.....am i correct in thinking that parts(therefore engines) would have to be made for 7 years post production ceasation??? just thinking....

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
Hve you tried engine re conditioners in you local area or in Melbourne?
Personally I wouldn't give it to holden, they are not capable of reconditioning your vehicle anyway as they dont have the equipment to do so.

try these people HM GEM ENGINES
5 Monterey Rd Dandenong South VIC 3175
t. Machining services: 1300 767 040 m. Engine and Cylinder head sales: 1300 360 110 [email protected]

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
Found this for you in Queensland so If they can do it for the price I dont see why they cant in your area.
Holden Commodore VE - VF engine reconditioned llt sidi v6
$5,000.00 includes , machined block & crank shaft. new pistons , new rings , new bearings, new timing kit, new oil pump. full head services to both

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I would go the recondition your own engine, ask a local mechanic for a price on removal and refitting the engine, then ring say maybe GEM engines or ORGER engines and get a price on a rebuild, factor in the freight back and forth and see what that adds up to.
When Holden were having problems with the early LS1 engines it was GEM Engines that were doing most of the reconditioning for Holden, mine was done by Orger engines.

I notice that GEM have workshops in Bendigo and Shepparton. A couple of links below:

http://www.hmgem.com.au.sdwt.com.au/home

http://orgerengines.com.au/

Last edited: