Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
It's one thing that's good about the NZ side of things. In Aus it has to be serious and straight down the line.
Obviously depending on what and where, however NZ add their humour in, even for a "serious" type thing.
We are not allowed by the PC crowd to be funny in Oz anymore. Too many Karens offended by stuff that was everywhere last century.
The Paul Hogan Show would not get past the front door of any TV network today. :mad:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Ahhh. Semi-regular rain. I remember that.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The BBQ is showing persistent showers now :)

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was filling up at the servo today. A black VE SS pulls up. Black wheels but not a clean and tidy example. An absolute bogan looking Commodre. A nice well dressed lady gets out.

And there’s me looking like an absolute bogan filling up the really nice car.

Gave me a bit of a chuckle.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Was filling up at the servo today. A black VE SS pulls up. Black wheels but not a clean and tidy example. An absolute bogan looking Commodre. A nice well dressed lady gets out.

And there’s me looking like an absolute bogan filling up the really nice car.

Gave me a bit of a chuckle.
Mum borrowed her sons car :p

I got pulled over once in the VS ute after a spirited take off from the lights. Clearly did not see the copper.
He was taken back however when I got out of the bogan looking ute dressed in a LBD, heels, the works :D could clearly see the double take. And the first sentence 'is this your car?' :D:D

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I am gobsmacked how easy balloon animals are. And how much of a hit they are :D

Kids birthday party last weekend we were invited to. I learnt how to make a balloon dog from the Dad.
$4.50 kmart has 50 balloons & the pump on the table. Could it be any cheaper?!

Kids were queuing up for animals or to try & make their own with the pump & balloons.

Beard predicted that this week I would have a new hobby. He knows me too well :p
I can now make a couple kinds of dog, a giraffe (which is a dog with a long neck), a dinosaur & a butterfly. I havent yet had a try at the more complex multiple colour ones. That will be next week if I don't lose interest :D:rolleyes::p

Honestly, if my kids were small again, I would load up on the cheap bubble wands & a couple packs of these balloon animal kits & boom. Party sorted!

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Kids birthday party last weekend we were invited to. I learnt how to make a balloon dog from the Dad.

Kids were queuing up for animals or to try & make their own with the pump & balloons.

Beard predicted that this week I would have a new hobby. He knows me too well :p
I can now make a couple kinds of dog, a giraffe (which is a dog with a long neck), a dinosaur & a butterfly. I havent yet had a try at the more complex multiple colour ones. That will be next week if I don't lose interest :D:rolleyes::p

Honestly, if my kids were small again, I would load up on the cheap bubble wands & a couple packs of these balloon animal kits & boom. Party sorted!
Make a balloon Commodore.
Go.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2

I suffer from globophobia so my 2 kids never had balloons at their parties. If the went to a party and were given a balloon it was put in the car boot till we got home. Don't get me started on the shopping centres that give away free balloons to kids.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I suffer from globophobia so my 2 kids never had balloons at their parties. If the went to a party and were given a balloon it was put in the car boot till we got home. Don't get me started on the shopping centres that give away free balloons to kids.
How is the noise balloons make when you press into them and stretch them. The squeaky creaky sound. They almost pop but not quite.