Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that make us happy!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings

John Coltrane's version , and Tony Bennett singing this song

But what makes me happy , is my family being happy , being healthy , hearing babies laugh, this time of the year , I love the Autumn colours .

Last edited:

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Main things that make me happy are the fact that no matter how big of an argument you have with your missus/parents, you can still come home to a home cooked meal at the end of it. A full stomach always makes me happy also. Knowing that every day is a fresh opportunity to have a good day. Music is a great happiness release for me and it can be almost any kind of music... as long as its tasteful. My partner, parents and my brother are the most important people in my life and they will never cease to make me happy each day.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
This week just gone I went on my first Camp Quality camp as a companion (i.e. I go and look after a juvenile cancer patient/sibling). This week it was Senior Camp (13-17 year-olds) in the Blue Mountains, and I was given the job of overseeing 2 17 year olds. Activities included canyoning, abseiling, bushwalking, going on the 'rides' at Katoomba scenic world, horse riding, and participating in ANZAC day services at Katoomba, arts and crafts and a walking tour of Katoomba itself/. Whilst my anxiety precluded me from the canyoning, abseiling and horse-riding, was able to do an alternate activity with those campers/companions in the same boat...great to see kids who have been through so much at a young age have so much fun. Locally I am heavily involved with the fundraising side of things, good to see where our hard-earned $$$ goes :)

In a broader sense, a good intellectual debate, healthy gourmet food, a great classic car show and shine, pub trivia, successfully repairing a car, and tasteful/thoughtful cinema.

Thing I like most of all...MARATHONS! Have done 3, entered my 4th, training begins today. Done 2 Canberra marathons and the Orange Marathon, looking forward to the Sydney marathon in September. I like the long, slow buildup of increasing distance and speed, the discipline it forces upon you, and the race itself has great atmosphere, scenery, and is a real test of human endurance......

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
My wife, my life and knowing where I come from, where I have been, where I am now and what the future holds for us. It is a great feeling knowing that you are almost at a point in your life where everything could go wrong and you would still come out in front. Makes years of hard work, double jobs, own business etc so worth it.

(I am also secretly a little happy that we have decided to start our own little family just can't let the wifey know yet :p)

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
When my flatmate goes away for a couple of days and I get the house to myself.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
When I walk in to a customers office and instead of working he's sitting there on justcommodores and quickly flicks it away when I come in...spins around and we both just look at eachother, then laugh.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Being on day 6 without alcohol or tobacco.....

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
My wife, my life and knowing where I come from, where I have been, where I am now and what the future holds for us. It is a great feeling knowing that you are almost at a point in your life where everything could go wrong and you would still come out in front. Makes years of hard work, double jobs, own business etc so worth it.

(I am also secretly a little happy that we have decided to start our own little family just can't let the wifey know yet :p)

finally going to adopt me minux?