Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think they changed from meeting 11 times per year to 8 times per year.

The interest rates are a pretty blunt instrument to control inflation. The rate hikes largely hit those with a large home loan - so they cut back on their spending. But for others without loans, it makes relatively little difference.

I think the theory is that if demand drops, then prices will drop, and inflation will drop too. I find it all a bit of hocus pocus as economics isn’t proper science.
I agree, in my lifetime I have never seen the price of food drop, petrol and diesel can fluctuate but overall it gradually heads north. Power and gas only head in one direction. Small business I deal with like garages, hair dressers or hardware stores never drop their prices. So yeah load of bollocks for sure. I can't see how hitting the hip pocket of the wealthy drive the price of anything down for us low-middle income earners. Is it that the wealthy are buying too many new cars that pushes up inflation, because way I see it if the cost to produce the basics we need increase then how can charging more interest turn that around. To me if a farmer or small business has increased costs then they have to pas that cost on surely?

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Government just announced a 30% pay rise for carers. Have no problem with this, but the cost will almost certainly be passed on. I pay a subsidised rate of $10 for a 1 hour visit (mainly to help mum shower), but have no doubt whatsoever this will be increased to $15 over coming weeks. Can't have those profit margins deteriorating. What I dread most is the whinging from dad

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This is what I found on the web.

What is in the CPI market basket?

BLS has classified all expenditure items into more than 200 categories, arranged into eight major groups (food and beverages, housing, apparel, transportation, medical care, recreation, education and communication, and other goods and services).31 Aug 2023

Now rents are going by 10-15% per year, petrol and diesel never go down over the long-term, food and drink don't go down (well I can't see how they can unless costs are lowered?, which seems unlikely to me. Clothes might come down, but as bloke clothes are a pretty low spend and cost maybe $150 - $200 a year. I only buy a pair of shoes once every three - four years. I wear my undies until they no longer stop my pecker getting caught in my zip, or if I start leaving stains on my trousers.

I don't get it, I think they are trying to bullshit a bullshitter with the measurements they use.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
mostly with business if for some reason u have to put the price up then the people still have to pay for what they want so the price usually stays up there as the new norm, at my work in the last prob 10 years our charging rate and most jobs we do have gone up about 50% just to keep up with the costs of it all, importing stock now as the company left Australia so they would save money then adds costs to ship stock from offshore for all the sellers and so forth

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
mostly with business if for some reason u have to put the price up then the people still have to pay for what they want so the price usually stays up there as the new norm, at my work in the last prob 10 years our charging rate and most jobs we do have gone up about 50% just to keep up with the costs of it all, importing stock now as the company left Australia so they would save money then adds costs to ship stock from offshore for all the sellers and so forth
Exactly.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nothing I buy or services I use has come down over the last 18 months it has all headed North. So for me I don't see how jacking up rates is doing anything to curb inflation.

Cost's to farm are continuing to go up so food surely the price of food can not come down?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Most of the country will be in drought over the next few years so where does that leave food prices? They have to go up unless farmers just walk off because it's no longer viable to stay on the land.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
What do people expect governments to do about inflation? Price caps, controls, rent freezes? I guarantee the minute they introduced these, morons would be up in arms about Australia becoming a communist country.
The inflation we're seeing is a direct result of measures taken during covid.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
dams1-600x499.jpg