Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Flys.

Was up proper bush for work (off road through metre high scrub kind of bush) and the Flys were horrendous.
No whiff of a breeze, no shade, nothing else around.

The arms got a workout from it atleast.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
People and politicians complaining that we need more state housing for people who "choose" not to work

I acknowledge that some people have a genuine requirement due to "real" medical issues, but supplying homes to professional bludgers and druggies is insane

If you want housing, do what everyone else does, get a job and work for your money

If I was king of Australia I would evict every bludger and druggy and cut their welfare, then, when they complain about it and say it will lead them to crime, lock them in a cell and make them work for their "free" accommodation and food.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

I remember hearing about a surburb round Adelaide that had a heavy gov't housing property base.....

The houses were fairly run down due to age and the unemployed (by choice)..

The gov't decided to build new gov't houses for these charming people, so they could demolish the old run down ones and build more new houses...

They could put 4 houses where 2 used to be...

All these charming people could say was..

"You can't kick me out of here...It's my home"....

Ungrateful dole bludging pricks....

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Not everybody who is after a house is a dole bludging drug Induced wipeout. Take living in anywhere that's not a major city. A well paying job is less than $1000 a week, usually closer to $800. Low tax rate would be $220, take 4 to $500 out for rent there's not much left for food let alone car rego, electricity and living costs. Cheap housing is a thing of another age as is a single income family. There is no way a low income couple with kids could save for a house deposit in Australia now.
In 1980, when I left home at 15, I was an apprentice on $65 a week, rent was $65 for a 2 bedroom unit, what did I do, I worked as much overtime as I could, shared the rent, and saved what I could, public transport and push bikes were my initial mode of transport.

In a year I had saved enough for a cheap car, I didn't do thinks like others were doing, I didn't drink store bought coffee, I made my lunch to take to work, I didn't gamble I didn't smoke, I rarely drunk booze, I didn't buy fancy clothes, electronic stuff or go on expensive holidays, but I still had fun in my time off, surfing, hiking, visiting friends

A few years later I was on more cash, and working OT wherever I could, and moved into a joint by myself, because from saving hard and budgeting well I had the money to pay the bond and weekly rent, and still save some dollars

I followed this same mantra for years, working hard, and saving along the way, I lived to my means, sometimes all I could save was a couple of dollars, sometimes owning a vehicle, sometimes relying on public transport, getting up at 0430 in the morning to catch public transport to start work at 0700 was hard, but it paid the bills, and it eventually added up

My parents always said "look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves", and never a truer words was spoken

It is up to the individual to look after themselves and slowly build wealth for the future, I worked hard, I saved as hard as I could, I up-skilled and found better paying work where I could

I did take a hit to my income about 25 years ago when I changed my career path, I went from a high paying job in construction to the defence force, but it was my choice, and it didn't take me long to move up ranks and earn more and more along the way, to the point it has accelerated my wealth more than what I would have made staying where I was, but I did study hard and work hard for it, and saved all the dollars I could

43 years later it has paid off, I retire in 1 year, and will be set for retirement owning a house, a few cars, a large slush fund, and my super, life is good

I was also careful about what people I chose to associate with in my youth, it was touch and go for a while though, I did lose my path for a bit due to me choosing the wrong people, but, after having a good hard look at myself, and where I wanted my life to go, I cut the dead wood and regained focus, all my friends have typically outlooks, all are sorted, and all will drop what they are doing if a friend is in need

My daughter, 23, has had everything she needed along the way, especially a good education, and a good work ethic installed , she started working part time as soon as she was able to at 15, and she has used all this to save and set herself up in life already, her focus and budgeting is actually better than what I tried to teach her, I credit this to her education, and learning from others mistakes, and the way she is going, she will be set up much better than I am, to say I am a proud parent would be an understatement

Strangely, some of their friends are upset that she is able to purchase property and have investments, these same friends are going out partying, drinking, going on holidays and generally pissing money away on rubbish, they say they are enjoying life, the difference is my kids are building for their future, not living in the present, and because they have strict budgets, they still get to have all the things they really need

All it takes is focusing on the important things in life and building your wealth, as well as your fitness, slowly but surely

But, during all this time working I have been paying my taxes, now they want to spend all of our tax money on people who cannot manage a budget or don't want to work by giving them more housing and dole money

Our tax money should go to infrastructure like schools, hospitals, roads and the like to improve our country, and to support the people who actually work and pay taxes

Plan for your retirement, stay fit and healthy, live to your means, not the life style you "think" you deserve

As for single income families, it is easier than ever before to work from home, full time or part time, if the person staying at home does some training WFH is available, any money coming into the budget is better than none, and I know alot of stay at home parents now that WFH, unless of course they are unable to WFH due to acute medical issues, and not just because they are wanting to be kept sugar momma's or pappa's

TL;DR: some people don't seem to put in the time and work required to get ahead in life, and then want others that do put in the time and work to support them

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In 1980, when I left home at 15, I was an apprentice on $65 a week, rent was $65 for a 2 bedroom unit, what did I do, I worked as much overtime as I could, shared the rent, and saved what I could, public transport and push bikes were my initial mode of transport.

In a year I had saved enough for a cheap car, I didn't do thinks like others were doing, I didn't drink store bought coffee, I made my lunch to take to work, I didn't gamble I didn't smoke, I rarely drunk booze, I didn't buy fancy clothes, electronic stuff or go on expensive holidays, but I still had fun in my time off, surfing, hiking, visiting friends

A few years later I was on more cash, and working OT wherever I could, and moved into a joint by myself, because from saving hard and budgeting well I had the money to pay the bond and weekly rent, and still save some dollars

I followed this same mantra for years, working hard, and saving along the way, I lived to my means, sometimes all I could save was a couple of dollars, sometimes owning a vehicle, sometimes relying on public transport, getting up at 0430 in the morning to catch public transport to start work at 0700 was hard, but it paid the bills, and it eventually added up

My parents always said "look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves", and never a truer words was spoken

It is up to the individual to look after themselves and slowly build wealth for the future, I worked hard, I saved as hard as I could, I up-skilled and found better paying work where I could

I did take a hit to my income about 25 years ago when I changed my career path, I went from a high paying job in construction to the defence force, but it was my choice, and it didn't take me long to move up ranks and earn more and more along the way, to the point it has accelerated my wealth more than what I would have made staying where I was, but I did study hard and work hard for it, and saved all the dollars I could

43 years later it has paid off, I retire in 1 year, and will be set for retirement owning a house, a few cars, a large slush fund, and my super, life is good

I was also careful about what people I chose to associate with in my youth, it was touch and go for a while though, I did lose my path for a bit due to me choosing the wrong people, but, after having a good hard look at myself, and where I wanted my life to go, I cut the dead wood and regained focus, all my friends have typically outlooks, all are sorted, and all will drop what they are doing if a friend is in need

My daughter, 23, has had everything she needed along the way, especially a good education, and a good work ethic installed , she started working part time as soon as she was able to at 15, and she has used all this to save and set herself up in life already, her focus and budgeting is actually better than what I tried to teach her, I credit this to her education, and learning from others mistakes, and the way she is going, she will be set up much better than I am, to say I am a proud parent would be an understatement

Strangely, some of their friends are upset that she is able to purchase property and have investments, these same friends are going out partying, drinking, going on holidays and generally pissing money away on rubbish, they say they are enjoying life, the difference is my kids are building for their future, not living in the present, and because they have strict budgets, they still get to have all the things they really need

All it takes is focusing on the important things in life and building your wealth, as well as your fitness, slowly but surely

But, during all this time working I have been paying my taxes, now they want to spend all of our tax money on people who cannot manage a budget or don't want to work by giving them more housing and dole money

Our tax money should go to infrastructure like schools, hospitals, roads and the like to improve our country, and to support the people who actually work and pay taxes

Plan for your retirement, stay fit and healthy, live to your means, not the life style you "think" you deserve

As for single income families, it is easier than ever before to work from home, full time or part time, if the person staying at home does some training WFH is available, any money coming into the budget is better than none, and I know alot of stay at home parents now that WFH, unless of course they are unable to WFH due to acute medical issues, and not just because they are wanting to be kept sugar momma's or pappa's

TL;DR: some people don't seem to put in the time and work required to get ahead in life, and then want others that do put in the time and work to support them

You hit the nail on the head.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yep, I had to start over after losing everything. I was determined and did what I could to turn a divorce where I ended up with very little to owning a modest two bedder one bath, which I've now sold and into a four bed, two bath, two living. If I didn't go without and live as cheap as I could for three-four years while I built the two bedder, over five years on a very basic income and still getting $50-$100 a fortnight from the dole, which shows I was on stuff all. I was working an average of 20hrs a week when I started building my house. So agree 100% it can be done, if you show enough determination.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Some of you blokes are a wealth of knowledge, if you were in parliament you would have the country fixed in a fortnight. Seems working for a living and watching fox gives everybody an economic degree and the real world knowhow of running a modern complex economy.
The housing problem has taken 50 years to develop, how some of you geniuses have all the answers when even the top economists can't agree on how to fix it makes you candidates for running the country. On parliamentarian wages you'll be able to afford two cartons of winny blues a week, throw in half a dozen slabs of whatever the bogan drink is nowadays and spend the weekends on the jetski and Harley :rolleyes:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Some of you blokes are a wealth of knowledge, if you were in parliament you would have the country fixed in a fortnight. Seems working for a living and watching fox gives everybody an economic degree and the real world knowhow of running a modern complex economy.
The housing problem has taken 50 years to develop, how some of you geniuses have all the answers when even the top economists can't agree on how to fix it makes you candidates for running the country. On parliamentarian wages you'll be able to afford two cartons of winny blues a week, throw in half a dozen slabs of whatever the bogan drink is nowadays and spend the weekends on the jetski and Harley :rolleyes:

If pollies weren't captured by lobbyists, things could be very different.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

There's part of your issue...Paying for fox.....

Have a look at other luxuries you spend money on that you don't need and you can squirrel it away for that elusive deposit.

Yes, there might be a shortage of houses, or so is claimed but it's all pathetic excuses why people can't get one.....

Someone wants something bad enough, they sacrifice things to get it.

Oh and on the subject of alledged shortages....There are 3 or 4 NEW housing estates I am aware of being built in S.A....Have you checked into your neck of the woods for new estates popping up?

They are all surburbian housing developments that are within 40 to 50 k of the CBD, so they're not in the bush .

So it's a classic example of media beat up and people believing it, rather than researching for themselves and discovering it is all B/S

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Not everybody who is after a house is a dole bludging drug Induced wipeout. Take living in anywhere that's not a major city. A well paying job is less than $1000 a week, usually closer to $800. Low tax rate would be $220, take 4 to $500 out for rent there's not much left for food let alone car rego, electricity and living costs. Cheap housing is a thing of another age as is a single income family. There is no way a low income couple with kids could save for a house deposit in Australia now.
Why do you have kids with a low income? Why not sort your finances before adding dependents?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They all, politicians make claims to make themselves sound outstanding, even though most people know they are talking ****!
True, but to say what she has said either she knows she is lying or she is severely deluded. I'd love to know who told her to say that on her TV campaign? It has no merit whatsoever, and it's something only a 20-25 year old would believe. It is so ridiculous I can't believe she even said it. She might as well said if she gets in that Labor will build the Bass Strait bridge that was costed up 30 years ago on a feasibility study.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex