Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Watching a doco on Gloriavale. I can't believe they allow that **** to continue.

Gloriavale was started by some guy called Neville Cooper, some older members might remember that name.
I watched that docco last year. Had never heard of them until then. The world is full of sick cnuts. I will never really understand how people can let themselves be brainwashed by these sickos. Pity the cops can't just go in and rid the human race of the depraved leaders of these cults.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Watching a doco on Gloriavale. I can't believe they allow that **** to continue.

Gloriavale was started by some guy called Neville Cooper, some older members might remember that name.

Is that Kiddy Fiddling cunts?
Standard fare for religious cults, that with bullying, misinformation, isolation, finally if you ask too many questions ejection and never seeing your relatives again. Pack of bastards all of them. They have unlimited money to challenge everything in the courts and bankrupt any opposition. Bastards. Religion has a lot to answer for.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
They have lost a few court cases in NZ of late.

It's sad how lenient NZ courts and various govco departments have been over the years when it comes to Gloriavale.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm fairly sure, Maxxis tyres are owned by a church group.....Will have to find out for sure which mob.

So they o have their fingers in many pies, the churches

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I'm fairly sure, Maxxis tyres are owned by a church group.....Will have to find out for sure which mob.

So they o have their fingers in many pies, the churches
Sanitarium is another. They don't have to pay tax.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

I ******* hate that ****. Churches should pay taxes on all income except what they can show has been used for charity purposes.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I ******* hate that ****. Churches should pay taxes on all income except what they can show has been used for charity purposes.
Churches/Charities/Not For Profits should all pay tax on all income (including donations) and then get a tax concession on any money actually used for charity purposes (that help arms length individuals avoid complete poverty and starvation). That would put these leaches on same footing as every other individual and every other company within our society by remove their tax free property development businesses, tax free retail businesses, etc..

In fact the whole tax system needs an overhaul so that double Dutch/Irish tax bullshite and other rampant tax cheating methods used by multinationals (which Churches/Charities/Not For Profits are just another part of these cabals) can be eliminated. That way they pay their fair share and thus support the infrastructure which they use while also supporting the other needs of the society in which they operate.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Unfortunately we have reached a point where we need a world wide tax system so companies don't use different tax jurisdictions to minimise taxes and pay their fair share no matter where they are located and domiciled for tax purposes. I just don't see it happening and in the mean time we get ripped off.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
7th day adventus own them don't they?

Vaguely remember a link between them when Lindy Chamberlain was going through court over her baby...

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Churches/Charities/Not For Profits should all pay tax on all income (including donations) and then get a tax concession on any money actually used for charity purposes (that help arms length individuals avoid complete poverty and starvation). That would put these leaches on same footing as every other individual and every other company within our society by remove their tax free property development businesses, tax free retail businesses, etc..

In fact the whole tax system needs an overhaul so that double Dutch/Irish tax bullshite and other rampant tax cheating methods used by multinationals (which Churches/Charities/Not For Profits are just another part of these cabals) can be eliminated. That way they pay their fair share and thus support the infrastructure which they use while also supporting the other needs of the society in which they operate.

I tend to agree - get rid of most of the tax rebates and concessions and simplify the tax system. If a business or enterprise needs some sort of public contribution to be viable then they can make their case to the government and the government can pay them openly and accountably for their services.

The rebates and concessions tend to make the tax system a game, rather than a civic duty to support public infrastructure and services.

I reckon that there should be taxation a KPI that requires a tax return to be manageable be most all tax payers. The idea that a typical tax payer needs to use an accountant would be a symptom that the tax system is either too complex, or people, are paying to game the tax system (or tax accountants are pulling the wool over some tax payers eyes).