Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I knew a high ranking Salvation Army guy who used to give furniture and boxes of food and stuff to his relatives who lived over 350 kms from where he was based, and his relatives were not skint. He would also get their neighbour who was a mechanic to service his car, and would pay him with a video recorder or whatever which had been donated. He was a parasitical, hypocritical f@#king leech who abused the trust put in him.
Yep same thing was happening with the same charity up here.
I have first hand information of a donated car being given to a charity workers relative.
I never give to charities.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I knew a lady years ago who worked for a charity and I stand corrected, but I am sure she told me her personal tax was considerably less than normal because she worked for said charity.
Care to elaborate on this situation ?
If you work for a PBI you can salary package around $16k a year. This can go on a credit card/debit card or a Mortgage or a couple of other options depending on what your org allows. So yeah basically $16k tax free. This was set up probably 40 years ago as a way to help community workers get closer to the take home pay a public servant would doing a similar job.

If it goes on your mortgage it has to cover interest only. If it goes on CC you have to show that you have already spent those funds on goods and not taken out as a cash withdrawal.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If you work for a PBI you can salary package around $16k a year. This can go on a credit card/debit card or a Mortgage or a couple of other options depending on what your org allows. So yeah basically $16k tax free. This was set up probably 40 years ago as a way to help community workers get closer to the take home pay a public servant would doing a similar job.

If it goes on your mortgage it has to cover interest only. If it goes on CC you have to show that you have already spent those funds on goods and not taken out as a cash withdrawal.
Thanks for the reply, good I can still remember stuff like that even though it in no way effects me personally.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Good luck with that :)
Yeah as a lemming, I'm just calling out that we are heading towards the cliff.
But I do know nothing will change and we'll all be pushed along in the one direction :confused:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Non religious people, as in leaders/figures who have beards without a moustache.
It's worse then neck bearding, even worse would be a neck beard with no mo and I'll make it even worse, a man bun.
That would be a gaol sentence in my books.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can't believe the price of thinners now. Cheapest is now $36 on 20% off special. I used to pay $15-$16 for 4L. I placed an order for a 1L at $14, but they couldn't fill my order. Tried to do an order for 4L and the site seems to have partially crashed as I can not login now.

Shear greed is all it is with the price of thinners now.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Fuel prices, most places had discounts on Friday but have now ratcheted prices up well past what they were on Thursday.

Basically I'm looking at ~$3 for 95ron fuel.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We're about $2.26 for 98. Its been close to $3 before. Thankfully we're not seeing those prices ATM.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
All week the news have been saying fuel will be cheap for the long weekend. I put 95 in yesterday it was $2.12. Have seen 91 for $1.95 at a couple of places.
So I guess now $2 is cheap petrol