Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Your CTP is cheaper than mine. Must be where you live or my risk profile is higher?
We live in 'the country' but the big smoke is rapidly getting closer. The Koalas o_O ............ the Koalas won't have any trees left to live in..

I thought that CTP was supposed to be the same all over the state, but maybe that was the idea back when the present system started, which is not within living memory, as they say.

Mate recently had an 'at-fault' insurance claim, just a poorly judged incident with a shopping centre bollard, no injuries or damage to the bollard, and his car needed a new matching door and paint, that was it.
His CTP went up by about $200 because of this, and he made a complaint about his claim-free record of over 20 years, and they made a 'goodwill' reversion back to a normal premium.
The insurance company stated that statistics show anyone who makes an at-fault claim is likely to make a bigger property / injury claim within 12 months.
My opinion to that reasoning was " BS, they were just trying you on to see if you would not notice, and just pay the increase".

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
But it is not 'Merica .......... that is how it is done at Dead Dingo Creek.
What's even better is they will need to truck in diesel using a diesel powered truck.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
So I got the broken winch out if my camper van. This helped me identify exactly the winch I needed.
Getting into the camper van and removing the winch was somewhat of what of a struggle, because I had to lift the roof a certain amount to enable me to get inside. But I did it:)
I found a company online that claimed to have one in stock, but I needed to know whether they supplied the extended part which has been adapted to go on the drive shaft enabling the winch to be wound up and down with the extended handle at the outside rear of the van.
So I sent them an email with the picture below, asking the question. One day went by with no response. I then phoned the Adelaide number supplied on their website only to be told I needed to email their sales supply department, so I did. Another day went by without any response, so I phoned again to be told I should email again, so once again I did. No response.
P1ssed off by this time, I emailed the manufacturer of the winch in the US asking the same questions. They emailed me back within a couple of hours with the specifications and part number of the part I was asking about.
I've ordered the winch and the extended part and the handle, which cost me about 175 US dollars, plus postage of 140 US dollars, which all added up to $470 Australian!
If only the Australian company could have answered a simple email, which I'm still waiting for by the way, then the business would have been done in Australia.

Yeah, that pi553s me off!

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpeg
    IMG_0308.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 16

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What does the winch do on the camper? Lift the base up to access the tray?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
New bloody tv's....

The down volume button on the TV remote won't work and of course there is no other way to turn the volume down....

How stupid....Have to take it in and get it sorted during the week

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
I find these work well at quieting many different things...

iu