Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I find these work well at quieting many different things...

iu

Was going to make a poll as to which one to use

1716027538705.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ahhh, nice that's more of a pop-up caravan than a camper. That's quite a luxury compared to the average camper trailer that involves a fair bit more work to set up.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
New bloody tv's....

The down volume button on the TV remote won't work and of course there is no other way to turn the volume down....

How stupid....Have to take it in and get it sorted during the week
Remotes have a limited lifespan, much less than the TV itself. They do that in the hope that most people will just go out and by a whole new TV. And when customers say I don't have the funds for a new TV, that's when they pull out the 36 months interest free deal, to try and persuade you. My daughter works in Harvey Norman and is one of the best persuaders they have in the store. Believe it or not she sells a few of those Tebo type massage chairs every week to people who look at them and then think they need one after she gives them the sales pitch.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Remotes have a limited lifespan, much less than the TV itself. They do that in the hope that most people will just go out and by a whole new TV. And when customers say I don't have the funds for a new TV, that's when they pull out the 36 months interest free deal, to try and persuade you. My daughter works in Harvey Norman and is one of the best persuaders they have in the store. Believe it or not she sells a few of those Tebo type massage chairs every week to people who look at them and then think they need one after she gives them the sales pitch.

The main peeve is, I need the remote to operate the whole telly.....Stuffed up idea that is....Wish I knew before buying it but it is what it is

Fortunately, I'm not stupid enough to buy a complete new telly, as tempting as it is.....A new remote is about $100 (give or take a few bucks).....A shed load cheaper than a new telly...

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Ahhh, nice that's more of a pop-up caravan than a camper. That's quite a luxury compared to the average camper trailer that involves a fair bit more work to set up.
Yeah, it's actually registered as a camper van. I think it's because a big part of it is canvas. We used to have what is referred to as a pop-top caravan.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The main peeve is, I need the remote to operate the whole telly.....Stuffed up idea that is....Wish I knew before buying it but it is what it is

Fortunately, I'm not stupid enough to buy a complete new telly, as tempting as it is.....A new remote is about $100 (give or take a few bucks).....A shed load cheaper than a new telly...
IR remotes are easy to test by pointing a remote at your phone with the camera app on. Then when pressing one of the remote buttons you’ll actually be able to see the IR beam emanating from your remote on your phone camera app.

Using such a method, you can test all buttons work on your remote and actually video any failures buttons.

Sometimes IR remote buttons stop working because some liquid may have made its way under the rubber button membrane and onto the circuit board and dismantling it and a clean using isopropyl alcohol will fix it. Sometimes the carbon contact fails on the rubber fingers on the button membrane itself but one can scrape the finger and cut and glue foil on it, that way electrical contact can be made and the button works again.

Obviously if the TV & remote is under warranty, or just outside warranty, take the issue back to the selling retailer and show them the failure video. Usually retailers should be able to sort you out on the spot.

If all that is too much effort, I wouldn’t pay $100 as, IR remotes cost less than a cup of coffee on eBay ;)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
IR remotes are easy to test by pointing a remote at your phone with the camera app on. Then when pressing one of the remote buttons you’ll actually be able to see the IR beam emanating from your remote on your phone camera app.

Using such a method, you can test all buttons work on your remote and actually video any failures buttons.

Sometimes IR remote buttons stop working because some liquid may have made its way under the rubber button membrane and onto the circuit board and dismantling it and a clean using isopropyl alcohol will fix it. Sometimes the carbon contact fails on the rubber fingers on the button membrane itself but one can scrape the finger and cut and glue foil on it, that way electrical contact can be made and the button works again.

Obviously if the TV & remote is under warranty, or just outside warranty, take the issue back to the selling retailer and show them the failure video. Usually retailers should be able to sort you out on the spot.

If all that is too much effort, I wouldn’t pay $100 as, IR remotes cost less than a cup of coffee on eBay ;)

TV is well out of warranty......5 or 6 years old

Doing the phone appstuff is well outside my capalities, along with dismantling the remote....

Have bought those ebay remotes for other things in the house....Absolutely useless....

Will get some tv mob to fix it...

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
New bloody tv's....

The down volume button on the TV remote won't work and of course there is no other way to turn the volume down....

How stupid....Have to take it in and get it sorted during the week
I downloaded a remote to our TV onto my phone a few years ago. Not sure if you can still do it though with the newer TV's.