Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Placed an order for some bonnet struts. Ordered last Wednesday, picked up by courier the following day in Melbourne and six days later it still hasn't arrived. Guess there must be plenty of people still spending money if it takes at least seven days to ship something from a state that has overnight freight runs every day to us.
must be same people i just got some from, i choose regular post so not worried bout time but still sitting in the one state for a week is purpose

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Saw on the news tonight there's likely to be another rate rise in August, and potentially another again in November. Apparently we are still spending too much money. Not sure what people are spending so much money on that means they need to jack the rates up potentially twice more this year alone?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
must be same people i just got some from, i choose regular post so not worried bout time but still sitting in the one state for a week is purpose
Yeah it's pretty poor. Stuff I order for work from Melbourne is next day delivery. So a week or more from Melbourne is pretty average.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Saw on the news tonight there's likely to be another rate rise in August, and potentially another again in November. Apparently we are still spending too much money. Not sure what people are spending so much money on that means they need to jack the rates up potentially twice more this year alone?
Too much money on mortgage/rent, fuel and food.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Too much money on mortgage/rent, fuel and food.
What gets me is these are things that are not going to change. Rents are not going to come down, petrol is not going to come down and neither is food unless we stop eating.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Inflation/deflation is just a indiction of price or value change.

It's a poor measure but one capitalists love because it means that with growth or "inflation" you make more money but it's a fallacy. There is no real reason why we need inflation or deflation. What we need is productivity/efficiency.

Our whole economic/capitalist system is broken but before anything will change the whole system will need to crash and burn and that will hurt everyone greatly so basically govco's around the world and their rich sponsors won't allow it to happen.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
What gets me is these are things that are not going to change. Rents are not going to come down, petrol is not going to come down and neither is food unless we stop eating.
I’m not arguing they are going to change.

I’m pointing out the absurdity of rising inflation leading to the rising costs of essentials which then raises the inflation rate and around we go.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I’m not arguing they are going to change.

I’m pointing out the absurdity of rising inflation leading to the rising costs of essentials which then raises the inflation rate and around we go.
No you weren't, neither was I. I meant exactly what you have said. How can they base inflation on rents when they are not going to come down or may not even flatten while there is such a shortage and so many people applying for the few properties there are. And exactly we've all got to eat so the demand for food surely can't drop off. As for petrol yep, the petrol Co's keep it as high as they no they can. They prove that when demand drops so they reduce production to keep profits high. And every Gov in the last 10 years have done nothing as they can do nothing, even though they reckon they are if you watch the news.