Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
The animal control officer was decent. He's taken a basic statement but other officers are coming in the morning for a more in-depth statement and speak to Mr24 who is quite upset atm.

The house where the dogs came from is across the road from the local primary school.

She was such a good little girl, didn't deserve this.

I don't think my security cameras caught much as they don't cover that area well but my neighbours security camera hopefully did get a good image of the dogs.

Police don't deal with dog attacks unless it's a person that got attacked.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
The animal control officer was decent. He's taken a basic statement but other officers are coming in the morning for a more in-depth statement and speak to Mr24 who is quite upset atm.

The house where the dogs came from is across the road from the local primary school.

She was such a good little girl, didn't deserve this.

I don't think my security cameras caught much as they don't cover that area well but my neighbours security camera hopefully did get a good image of the dogs.

Police don't deal with dog attacks unless it's a person that got attacked.
Some years ago, a Blue Heeler across the road from me killed another neighbours cat. The owner was friends with the cat owner so I presume that’s why nothing was done about it. A couple of days later we were walking our little foxie cross when this Blue Heeler came running at us with the owner in chase.. My wife shouted it should be on a lead as I swung a kick at it. The cu#t of an owner had the audacity to yell, ‘that’s not a dog’ as he pointed at our terrified dog.
After that incident, this guy would toot his horn and give my missus the bird if she was out the front in the garden. When I found out, I just couldn’t leave it, even though the cu#t had a reputation for being some kind of nut job tough guy half my age, I had to knock on his door. He was a bit taken aback when he saw me standing there. I didn’t really want to get into a physical stoush with him, so I told him that we had a little dog taken in the past by a bigger dog and my wife and children were extremely traumatised for months after seeing their dog ripped to shreds. The guy then apologised for his behaviour.

About two months later in the dark of night, I went and slashed two of the tyres in his Ute which I thought was fair retribution. And anyway, I was sick of fighting. Getting to old for that.

The cu#t moved out not long after, and i was glad to see the back of him.

Sometimes it’s the owners of dogs that need putting down.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. There really aren't bad dogs, just bad dog owners.

The thing is, I'm fairly sure Pit bulls were outlawed in NZ years ago, all remaining Pitbulls should have been neutered so they couldn't breed as they are classed as a dangerous dog but that law, like most that don't get easy financial gain aren't enforced.

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Ordered what I thought was a simple 186 manifold gasket from Repco the other day, what a train wreck! took 1/2 hour to explain what the f#ck it was without a VIN or rego. Then they said they will have to order it in, I go back 2 days later and they said the order was cancelled for some reason so did I want it in ordered again. Shook my head & walked out. WTF is the world coming too?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Ordered what I thought was a simple 186 manifold gasket from Repco the other day, what a train wreck! took 1/2 hour to explain what the f#ck it was without a VIN or rego. Then they said they will have to order it in, I go back 2 days later and they said the order was cancelled for some reason so did I want it in ordered again. Shook my head & walked out. WTF is the world coming too?
I have not been in Ripco in many moons, just not worth the trouble.
And I had an account with them for 30 years.
Try Bursons at Redcliffe. They are more trade orientated.
And yes, they are just about all "what's the rego number.

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
I have not been in Ripco in many moons, just not worth the trouble.
And I had an account with them for 30 years.
Try Bursons at Redcliffe. They are more trade orientated.
And yes, they are just about all "what's the rego number.
Not far from home either. Thank you!

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute & VF SSV Redline II
Sometimes it’s best to just walk away from sheer stupidity.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute & VF SSV Redline II
Yes. There really aren't bad dogs, just bad dog owners.

The thing is, I'm fairly sure Pit bulls were outlawed in NZ years ago, all remaining Pitbulls should have been neutered so they couldn't breed as they are classed as a dangerous dog but that law, like most that don't get easy financial gain aren't enforced.
How’d you go this morning? Another lot of Animal Control come out?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have given a detailed statement to animal control. They were at the offenders house a while ago but not sure exactly what is happening at this stage.

I'm hoping the dogs are not registered and micro chipped so there is no excuse to not cease the dogs today. I'm worried if they are not taken today they will disappear up north somewhere tonight now that animal control are looking at them.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I could maybe tell you what the world is coming too, but I’ll need a VIN from you first. I’ll see if the answer is in the computer.