Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Those reviews. The One is already behind the S4 (I9500) in the specs stakes (S4 has Exynos 5 Octa 5410 chip and PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU vs. the One's Snapdragon 600 chip and Adreno 320 GPU). It also lacks external memory, barometer, temperature, humidity and (air) gesture sensors, USB host function and wireless charging. All it has over the S4 is a few extra PPI on screen.

Ok maybe no external may be a turn off, but the rest? I mean as if you need humidity and temp sensors? Accuweather works fine. Pull your head out of your ar$e, mate. ;)

Wireless charging is worse than a cord. At least I can use my phone and take calls without laying down...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Ok maybe no external may be a turn off, but the rest? I mean as if you need humidity and temp sensors? Accuweather works fine. Pull your head out of your ar$e, mate. ;)

Wireless charging is worse than a cord. At least I can use my phone and take calls without laying down...

Accuweather is as reliable as a Russian built, kero powered car dude ("put it into H!"). Weather Australia with BOM link FTW, you get today's weather, not the weather from 2010 ;)

For me it's about bang for buck and competitors pushing each other so we; the consumer, can benefit. Hey I don't even need weather on my phone, I have eyes, but I still want it.

Anyway, point was: The reviews carrying on that it's 'the best' or a 'competition killer' are bullsh!t propaganda. It's one of the best (on paper), nothing more. It's a thing that p*** me off/bugs me/annoys. Just give us the facts without a vendor paid for opinion.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I dont know much about my Nokia Lumia 920 but I love it. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a barometer or humidity sensors though, and I sincerely hope I never feel the need to aquire such information.

I hated my iFail4 with a vengeance.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Loving my Nexus 4 :)

Can't beat it for $400

That is a gorgeous phone, indeed.

Watch out for Google I/O. Rumour has it, a new Nexus 4 with micro SD and Key Lime Pie. I would have liked a Nexus 5 preview :(

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
I read somewhere Google where never going to put micro SD slots in their phones ? Either way, I'm not too fazed, I'm happy with 16GB of storage as I only have a handful of apps, rest of the space is for photos that get deleted when I upload them to my computer.

Samsung have good technology but I hate touch wiz so much. I love the Pure Google experience :) HTC.. Same deal, hate Sense. Love the clock widget though

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I read somewhere Google where never going to put micro SD slots in their phones ? Either way, I'm not too fazed, I'm happy with 16GB of storage as I only have a handful of apps, rest of the space is for photos that get deleted when I upload them to my computer.

Samsung have good technology but I hate touch wiz so much. I love the Pure Google experience :) HTC.. Same deal, hate Sense. Love the clock widget though

External memory is a clincher for me, my phone is my portable music storage and I like to store in flac and ogg for that high quality sound. 32 internal and 64 external does me nicely. Otherwise I'd own an N4, the ultimate bang for buck device.

The day I grabbed my S3 I rooted and ROM'd it, using Omega 4.1 AOKP (CM10) and now 4.2, pure Google even better than Google could do it, absolutely glorious.

Grumpyoldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS-V Z Sedan Perfect Blue
Finding a massive stone chip in my 5 day old car!!!!:hmmm:

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Finding a massive stone chip in my 5 day old car!!!!:hmmm:

Yeah, hate that. I got one hail dent a few weeks in and I was not very happy about that (and I was stressing trying to get under cover during the storm). It gets easier though. I don't care so much anymore. Yesterday, just, ju......st misjudged the door mirror against a post, minor scrape (about 3mm square and I think it will polish out anyway), dropped a coin onto the door sill, chip out of the paint, dropped the key, dents in the key fob, meh. Not happy but it's not a stress anymore.